M, b. say 1710, d. between 1752 and 1754
George Saunders|b. s 1710\nd. bt 1752 - 1754|p1470.htm|John Saunders|b. s 1680|p2142.htm|Unknown (?)|b. s 1680|p2143.htm|||||||||||||
- George Saunders was born say 1710.
- He married Hannah Gibson, daughter of (?) Gibson and Unknown (?), say 1736.
- According to Bishop Gregg: "George Saunders came to an untimely end on a Sunday about 1752/4, in connection with which a singular incident is related. He was engaged in cutting down a bee tree, a cypress, in the swamp on the opposite side of the river. As the cypress fell, the limb of an ash was broken off, and being thrown with violence on the head of Saunders, killed him instantly. An ash afterwards came up at the head of his grave and grew to a large tree, being regarded by the people as a standing monument to the judgment sent upon him for the violation of the Lord's Day, which led to his end."
- George Saunders died between 1752 and 1754.
- His wife Hannah Gibson became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 15 May 2011
Family 1: Hannah Gibson b. circa 1711, d. between 1769 and 1773
- Ann Saunders b. 5 November 1736
- Sarah Saunders b. 18 February 1738
- Nathaniel Saunders+ b. 15 March 1740
- Hannah Saunders b. 19 January 1743
- James Saunders+ b. say 1745
- Malachi Saunders+ b. say 1747, d. say 1790
- Elizabeth Saunders+ b. circa 1749, d. 17 March 1772
- Marcia Saunders+ b. 10 September 1751, d. 3 November 1813
Family 2: Agnes Kelly
- John Kelly b. 1 August 1741
Family 3: Unknown (?) b. say 1715, d. say 1759
- Mary Catherine Saunders+ b. 10 September 1750