Julia Ellen Murdock
F, b. 4 April 1855, d. 8 January 1928
Julia Ellen Murdock|b. 4 Apr 1855\nd. 8 Jan 1928|p14572.htm|LaFayette Murdock|b. 19 Mar 1824|p3060.htm|Juliet Mitchell|b. 14 Aug 1827\nd. 11 Jul 1870|p14513.htm|Andrew W. Murdock|b. Oct 1794\nd. Feb 1835|p3059.htm|Sarah A. Burch|b. c 1804|p3058.htm|William Mitchell|b. c 1787\nd. 12 Apr 1856|p4210.htm|Martha Hill|b. 25 Oct 1791\nd. 4 Mar 1851|p14429.htm|
- Father: LaFayette Murdock b. 19 March 1824
- Mother: Juliet Mitchell b. 14 August 1827, d. 11 July 1870
- Julia Ellen Murdock was born on 4 April 1855 in Montgomery County, Alabama.
- She was known as Ellen.
- LaFayette Murdock and Juliet Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Julia Ellen Murdock, Sarah J. Murdock, William Mitchell Murdock, Martha Hill Murdock, Antoinette Burch, Janet A. Burch and Jane Burch. It is an educated guess that daughters Julia (age 3) and Ellen (age 1) actually are the same person enumerated twice: Julia Ellen Murdock, who later was known as Ellen (Julia is absent from the household in the 1870 census, and there appears to be no further trace of "Ellen" after 1870 . The Burch children of Juliet's sister Jeanette and her husband James Burch, Lafayette's mother's brother.
- LaFayette Murdock and Juliet Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Mt. Meigs PO, Montgomery County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Julia Ellen Murdock, Sarah J. Murdock, William Mitchell Murdock and Martha Hill Murdock.
- She married Benjamin Baldwin Meriwether, son of William Lucius Meriwether and Tabitha Fitzpatrick Baldwin, on 24 October 1878 in Montgomery County, Alabama.
- Julia Ellen Murdock died on 8 January 1928 at age 72 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 23 May 2011