Harold Wood Haynie
M, b. 18 August 1908, d. 27 August 1979
Harold Wood Haynie|b. 18 Aug 1908\nd. 27 Aug 1979|p135.htm|Ira Edwin Haynie|b. 20 Oct 1879\nd. 13 Apr 1956|p117.htm|Fannie Goree Wood|b. 22 Jan 1880\nd. 11 Jun 1960|p116.htm|Emmett A. Haynie|b. 16 Aug 1856\nd. 16 Feb 1910|p393.htm|Annie McCune|b. 7 Mar 1859\nd. 27 Sep 1938|p394.htm|Solomon W. Wood|b. 26 Jan 1849\nd. 5 Oct 1922|p12.htm|Martha C. Reed|b. 27 Jul 1853\nd. 4 Jan 1929|p13.htm|
Harold Wood "Joe" Haynie, 1908-1979
- Father: Ira Edwin Haynie b. 20 October 1879, d. 13 April 1956
- Mother: Fannie Goree Wood b. 22 January 1880, d. 11 June 1960
- Harold Wood Haynie was born on 18 August 1908 in Texas.
- Members of the Haynie and Wood families, and some neighbors, were photographed in front of "the Haynie hotel" in Richards, about 1911.
- Students and teachers were photographed in front of Richards School in 1919. A bond for enlarging the school building was voted on 1 June 1918, and the photo likely celebrated its completion.
- Ira Edwin Haynie and Fannie Goree Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Harold Wood Haynie, Thomas Jefferson Haynie and Isabel Haynie.
- He married Arnita Post, daughter of Edward Thomas Post and Annabel Binford, circa 1928.
- Harold Wood Haynie and Arnita Post appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Betty Joe Haynie.
- He was employed as a salesman in a general store, according to the 1930 census.
- Harold Wood "Joe" Haynie was Grimes County Judge 1959-1974.
- Harold Wood Haynie died on 27 August 1979 at age 71 in Grimes County, Texas.
- His wife Arnita Post became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Fairview Cemetery in Richards, Grimes County, Texas.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Harold Wood Haynie and Arnita Post.
- Last Edited: 18 Jul 2012