F, b. 27 May 1836
Harriet|b. 27 May 1836|p13361.htm|Bill|b. c 1788\nd. 10 Mar 1865|p13414.htm|Margaret|b. c 1817|p13413.htm|||||||||||||
- Harriet was born on 27 May 1836 in Montgomery County, Alabama, at Greenwood plantation.
- She and Ned were the parents of an unknown person.
- Although no marriage record has yet been found for Harriet and John, it is an educated guess that they were together having children beginning in 1859.
- On Monday, 4 July 1859, Green Wood recorded: "Harriett had a son born last night."
- Following emancipation, Harriet adopted the name Harriet Jackson although she appears in the 1870 census as Harriet Wood..
- John and Harriet appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Montgomery County, Texas, and it is an educated guess that "Dan" is actually the son of John and Rachel, and daughter "Martha" is actually son March.. Other members of the household included Milly, Candace, David, March, Bill, Mandy Jackson, Fanny Jackson and Solomon Jackson.
- John and Harriet appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Montgomery County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Bill, Mandy Jackson and Solomon Jackson.
- Children of Margaret and Bill born between 1834 and 1843, and of Margaret and Stephen between 1846 and 1861, were recorded by Green Wood.
- Children of Harriet born between 1851 and 1862, were recorded by Green Wood. Although they are all listed as children of Ned and Harriet, since Ned died in April 1858, the listing clearly is in error.
- Last Edited: 23 Jan 2013
Family 1: Ned b. say 1817, d. 7 April 1858
- ChildStillborn b. 15 July 1851, d. 15 July 1851
- Anderson b. 30 November 1852, d. before 1853
- Milly b. 18 December 1853
- Candace b. 25 March 1856
- Perry b. 7 February 1858, d. 17 July 1858
Family 3: John b. circa 1830