F, b. 22 January 1840
Lucy|b. 22 Jan 1840|p13326.htm|Bob|b. 1812|p13298.htm|Kizzy|b. c 1811|p13325.htm|Dave|b. s 1790|p13296.htm|Hannah|b. c 1795|p13297.htm|||||||
- Lucy was born on 22 January 1840 in Montgomery County, Alabama, at Greenwood plantation.
- She married James Monroe, son of Guilford and Leah, on 28 July 1855 in Montgomery County, Texas, at Greenwood plantation, near old Danville..
- On Wednesday, 31 August 1859, Green Wood recorded: "Lucy had a Daughter this morning."
- On Thursday, 9 November 1865, Green Wood recorded: "Lucy had a baba."
- Following emancipation, Lucy adopted the name Lucy Baltrip.
- James Monroe and Lucy appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Montgomery County, Texas, but information on children's names and ages of all are not consistent with other records.. Other members of the household included Louisa, Lucian, Silas and James Monroe.
- She was a farmer, according to the 1870 census.
- James Monroe and Lucy appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Harris County, Texas. Other members of the household included Lucian, Silas, James Monroe, Ella Baltrip and Elizabeth Baltrip. Other children are identified in confusing fashion as daughter Barbary, age 12, and Ben, age 10.
- Children of Big Bob and Kizzy born between 1837 and 1848, were recorded by Green Wood. And written below that record: "Big Ben, son of Kizzy bought at the Sale of John Anderson, Montgomery 1836, about four years old. Matilday bought at the same time about 4 months old."
- Children of Jim and Lucy born between 1857 and 1865, were recorded by Green Wood.
- Last Edited: 16 Apr 2013
Family: James Monroe b. 16 July 1828