William Joseph Bettis
M, b. 26 April 1907, d. 23 September 1940
William Joseph Bettis|b. 26 Apr 1907\nd. 23 Sep 1940|p12047.htm|Pack Rutherford Bettis|b. 27 Jan 1877\nd. 18 Feb 1946|p12044.htm|Willie Zula Rogers|b. 27 Dec 1878\nd. 28 Sep 1954|p11989.htm|William A. Bettis||p12053.htm|Margaret Randle||p23537.htm|John J. Rogers|b. Apr 1852\nd. 1935|p1467.htm|Mary R. Pegues|b. 25 Jul 1849\nd. 1932|p1466.htm|
- Father: Pack Rutherford Bettis b. 27 January 1877, d. 18 February 1946
- Mother: Willie Zula Rogers b. 27 December 1878, d. 28 September 1954
- William Joseph Bettis was born on 26 April 1907 in Walnut Springs, Bosque County, Texas.
- Pack Rutherford Bettis and Willie Zula Rogers appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Walnut Springs, Bosque County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Joseph Bettis, Gladys Margarete Bettis.
- Pack Rutherford Bettis and Willie Zula Rogers appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Stamford, Jones County, Texas, at 507 Orient. Other members of the household included William Joseph Bettis, Gladys Margarete Bettis and Paul Robert Bettis.
- He married Grace E. Whitman circa 1926.
- William Joseph Bettis and Grace E. Whitman appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Haskell County, Texas.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1930 census.
- William Joseph Bettis died on 23 September 1940 at age 33 in Weinert, Haskell County, Texas, at his residence, of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. . His death was officially witnessed by Pack Rutherford Bettis.
- He was buried at Willow Cemetery in Haskell, Haskell County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 6 Aug 2012
Family: Grace E. Whitman b. circa 1905