Mary Matilda Ingram
F, b. 11 March 1833, d. 22 December 1885
Mary Matilda Ingram|b. 11 Mar 1833\nd. 22 Dec 1885|p10943.htm|Council Brewton Ingram|b. c 1801\nd. c 1842|p11018.htm|Sarah Bostick|b. c 1805\nd. 15 Dec 1888|p11019.htm|Isaac Ingram|b. c 1780\nd. b 1819|p11047.htm|Celia (?)|b. c 1780|p11048.htm|John B. Bostick|b. s 1780|p11020.htm||||
- Father: Council Brewton Ingram b. circa 1801, d. circa 1842
- Mother: Sarah Bostick b. circa 1805, d. 15 December 1888
- Mary Matilda Ingram was born on 11 March 1833 in Tennessee.
- She married Miles Chesley Major, son of Elijah Teague Major and Eliza Cassandra Allgood, on 21 October 1854 in Blount County, Alabama, with William Deaver, M.G., officiating (or possibly 21 December)..
- Mary Matilda Ingram became a widow at the circa 1864 death of her husband Miles Chesley Major.
- She married William Barnett Allgood, son of Deforest Allgood and Temperance Clayton, on 31 August 1864 in Blount County, Alabama, with S. B. Murphree, J.P., officiating. William Barnett Allgood was a first cousin of Mary Matilda's first husband Miles Major; Miles' mother was a sister of William's father..
- William Barnett Allgood and Mary Matilda Ingram appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Blount County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Elijah Elbridge Major, Robert Venable Allgood, William Barnett Allgood Jr., Deforrest Olland Allgood, Stephen Bostick Allgood, Miles Clayton Allgood, Deforest Allgood and Sarah Bostick.
- Mary Matilda Ingram died on 22 December 1885 at age 52 in Chepultepec, Blount County, Alabama.
- Her husband William Barnett Allgood became a widower at her death.
- She was buried on 28 December 1885 at Shiloh Baptist Cemetery in Blount County, Alabama, or Poplar Springs Church.
- Last Edited: 31 Mar 2008
Family 1: Miles Chesley Major b. circa 1832, d. circa 1864
- Eliza Cassandra Major b. circa 1856
- Elijah Elbridge Major+ b. 23 October 1858, d. 17 March 1935
- William Davis Major b. circa 1860
Family 2: William Barnett Allgood b. 12 August 1841, d. 6 January 1924