William Blanks Fariss Jr.
b. circa 1863, d. 27 November 1921
- Father: William Blanks Fariss b. 26 May 1812, d. 5 September 1866
- Mother: Susan Mary Campbell b. 1822, d. circa 1868
- William Blanks Fariss Jr. was born circa 1863 in Alabama.
- Following the deaths of their parents, the four children of William Blanks and Susan Mary Campbell Fariss were raised in the household of theirr uncle Robert Clement Fariss, where they appear in the 1870 and 1880 censuses.
- Robert Clement Fariss appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Montgomery, Alabama, Also in the household were a day laborer, a domestic servant, and a nurse.. Other members of the household included William Blanks Fariss Jr., Mamie Bell Fariss, Lulie B. Fariss, Catherine Fariss, Nancy B. Fariss, Robert Clement Fariss Jr., Thomas Randolph Fariss, Hugh H. Fariss, John Clarke Fariss, Annie Juria Fariss and Mary Jane Fariss.
- Robert Clement Fariss and Catherine Dickinson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Montgomery, Alabama, at McDonough Street. Other members of the household included William Blanks Fariss Jr., Mamie Bell Fariss, Lulie B. Fariss, Catherine Fariss, Nancy B. Fariss, Robert Clement Fariss Jr., Thomas Randolph Fariss, Hugh H. Fariss, John Clarke Fariss, Annie Juria Fariss and Mary Jane Fariss.
- William Blanks Fariss Jr. (and John Clarke Fariss) appeared in the 1896 Chicago, Illinois, City Directory at 1018 Chamb. com. blg. William is listed as "warrants and improvement bonds," and John as a clerk.
- William Blanks Fariss Jr. appeared in the 1900 Chicago, Illinois, City Directory at 3020 Lake Park Avenue listed as a broker at 138 Washington. His brother John does not appear in the 1900 Chicago directory..
- William Blanks Fariss Jr. died on 27 November 1921 in Manhattan, New York.
- He was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Montgomery, Alabama.
- The following appeared on 29 November 1921 in The Montgomery Advertiser: News was received in Montgomery yesterday of the death of William B. Fariss, in New York city. Mr. Fariss died in a hospital from Bright's disease, and was about 58 years old. The body will be brought to Montgomery for funeral and interment, the funeral arrangements to be announced later.
He . . . had lived in New York city for the past 22 years. He was a man of considerable circumstances and by close attention to business and honest dealing made a splendid success of the stock brokerage business.
He was related to a number of Montgomery people and the announcement of his death was received with sorrow by his many friends in the city.
And on 1 December:
The remains of William B. Fariss, who died in New York, arrived in Montgomery at 11:15 Wednesday night and his funeral services will take place from the Leak-McCarty chapel Thursday morning at 10 o'clock, Dr. Richard Wilkinson of St. John's Episcopal Church officiating. Interment will be at Oakwood cemetery.
- Last Edited: 20 Feb 2013