b. April 1840
- Georgia Perry was born in April 1840 in Alabama.
- She married William W. McGar, son of John McGar and Martha Ryons Magruder, on 1 October 1857 in Tuskegee, Macon County, Alabama, with Rev. Sam Henderson, MG, officiating.
- The following appeared on 15 October 1857 in the South Western Baptist Newspaper: Married on Thursday the 1st inst. by Rev. S. Henderson, Mr. William W. McGar of Galveston, Texas to Miss Georgia Perry of Macon County, Alabama.
- William W. McGar and Georgia Perry appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Waverly, Walker (later San Jacinto) County, Texas.
- Mrs. Georgia McGar was postmaster at Waverly (later New Waverly), Walker County, from 7 December 1885 to 12 November 1892.
- William W. McGar and Georgia Perry appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included William W. McGar Jr., Mary Elmore and Wilbourn Gibbs McGar. Also in the household were two boarders -- a female servant and a physician.
- Last Edited: 13 Feb 2016