Peter Belles Irvine
b. 1823, d. 11 January 1863
- Father: Benjamin Fielding Irvine b. circa 1797, d. 5 September 1844
- Mother: Mary Davis Bellesfelt b. say 1800, d. between 1840 and 1845
- Peter Belles Irvine was born in 1823 in Kentucky.
- He married Minerva Angelia Tabor, daughter of Rev. Isaac Tabor and Susannah Bullock, on 23 November 1847 in Montgomery County, Texas, and Peter's brother Benjamin married Minerva's sister Catherine.
- Peter Belles Irvine and Minerva Angelia Tabor appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Texas, living next to Peter's brother Benjamin.. Other members of the household included Isaac F. Irvine.
- He was a mechanic, according to the 1850 census.
- Peter Belles Irvine and Minerva Angelia Tabor appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Isaac F. Irvine, J. Irvine, Elizabeth Catherine Irvine and Henry Reid Irvine. Absent from the household in the enumeration are younger children William Fielding and Peter Belles Jr.
- He was a mechanic, according to the 1860 census.
- Green Wood recorded: 1861, Jan. 30th, Paid P. B. Irwin my Account up to date $35.75."
- He served as a private in Company B, 24th Regiment, Texas Cavalry, under Captain Samuel Dunbar Wooldridge's command.
- Peter Belles Irvine died on 11 January 1863 in Arkansas County, Arkansas, at Fort Hindman during the Battle of Arkansas Post.
- His wife Minerva Angelia Tabor became a widow at his death.
- He was buried on the battlefield, with a memorial marker at the old Danville cemetery, Montgomery County, Texas.
- For an account of his CSA service in Company B, 24th Texas Cavalry Regiment, see his profile in Karen McCann Hett's Danville Mounted Riflemen.
- Last Edited: 1 Dec 2011
Family: Minerva Angelia Tabor b. 29 October 1829, d. 13 August 1915
- Isaac F. Irvine b. circa October 1849
- J. Irvine b. circa 1852
- Elizabeth Catherine Irvine+ b. 9 March 1855, d. 18 September 1943
- William Fielding Irvine b. 25 February 1856, d. 25 November 1915
- Peter Belles Irvine Jr. b. circa 1858, d. circa 1887
- Minerva Susannah Irvine b. circa November 1862, d. circa December 1862