Mildred M. Darnaby
b. 19 August 1916, d. 25 April 1943
- Father: Joseph Lester Darnaby b. circa 18 January 1888, d. 13 June 1978
- Mother: Bethel Inez Lockett b. 3 October 1890, d. 14 September 1946
- Mildred M. Darnaby was born on 19 August 1916 in Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, at 3209 Nussbaumer Street.
- Bethel Inez Lockett and Joseph Lester Darnaby appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Abilene, Taylor County, Texas, at 840 Palm. Other members of the household included Mildred M. Darnaby, Lockett L. Darnaby.
- Joseph Lester Darnaby and Bethel Inez Lockett appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Dallas, Texas, at 16 32 Pine Street Also in the household was niece Tommie L. Harris, age 22.. Other members of the household included Mildred M. Darnaby, Lockett L. Darnaby and Amanda J. Lockett.
- She married Tom Ross Wood, son of Willis Eason Wood and Hannah Ross, circa July 1935.
- The following appeared on 14 July 1935 in the Dallas Morning News: Mrs. William Reilly, 2209 Pennsylvania, will entertain Sunday afternoon at her home, honoring her sister, Mrs. Thomas Wood, formerly Miss Mildred Darnaby. The guest list includes: . . . Mrs. Eason Wood, Miss Pat Reilly, Miss Francys Reilly, Miss Jane Darnaby, Mrs. Joe L. Darnaby. . . .
- Tom Ross Wood and Mildred M. Darnaby appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, at 1109 South Edith. In 1935, Tom and Mildred were living in Dallas.
- She was employed doing secretarial work for the soil conservation service, according to the 1940 census.
- Her husband Tom Ross Wood became a widower at her death.
- Mildred M. Darnaby died on 25 April 1943 at age 26 in Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, at her home.
- The following appeared on 29 April 1943 in The Dallas Morning News: Funeral services for Mrs. Tom R. Wood, 26, native of Dallas, who died Sunday at her home in Albuquerque, N.M., will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Ed C. Smith & Bro. Funeral Chapel. Mrs. Wood was a graduate of the Crozier Technical High School here in 1934 and was a member of the first Baptist Church. She was Mildred Darnaby. She is survived by her husband, a son, Lockett Eason Wood, and a daughter, Margaret Joan Wood; parents, Mr. and Mrs. J. L. Darnaby, Houston; four sisters, Mrs. W. L. Reilly and Miss Jo Darnaby, Dallas; Mrs. Paul Dowell, Albuquerque, and Miss Carol Ann Darnaby, Houston.
- She was buried at Oakland Cemetery in Dallas, Texas.
- Last Edited: 27 Jul 2014
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine