Jose Antonio Baldemero Navarro
b. 27 February 1795, d. 13 January 1871
- Father: Angel Navarro b. circa 1748, d. 31 October 1808
- Mother: Maria Josepha Ruiz y Pena b. circa 1766
- Jose Antonio Baldemero Navarro was born on 27 February 1795 in San Antonio de Bexar.
- He married Margarita de la Garza say 1815.
- Navarro County, created by the Texas Legislature in 1846, was named in honor of Texas patriot Jose Antonio Navarro, and the county seat Corsicana was named after the homeland of his father Angel Navarro.
- Jose Antonio Baldemero Navarro died on 13 January 1871 at age 75.
- For additional biographical information, see The Texas Handbook Online.
- Last Edited: 29 May 2012