Willie Annexus Williamson
b. 13 January 1845, d. 15 June 1903
- Father: Robert McAlpin Williamson b. 9 September 1804, d. 22 December 1859
- Mother: Mary Jane Edwards b. circa 1817, d. 17 November 1856
- Willie Annexus Williamson was born on 13 January 1845 in Independence, Washington County, Texas.
- Robert McAlpin Williamson and Mary Jane Edwards appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Washington County, Texas. Other members of the household included Willie Annexus Williamson, Peter Gustavus Williamson, Julia Rebecca Williamson, Jack Hemphill Williamson and C. M. Williamson.
- Jacob Bruce and Susan Elizabeth Williamson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Hayneville, Lowndes County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Willie Annexus Williamson. Also in the household were A. P. Strickland (age 10), ward of Jacob Bruce, and also Susan Williamson (5), reported by some family researchers to be a daughter of Susan's brother Robert McAlpin Williamson and Mary Jane Edwards.
- He married Amelia Alice Nott, daughter of Rufus A. Nott and Sally W. (?), on 13 July 1866 in Independence, Washington County, Texas.
- Willie Annexus Williamson died on 15 June 1903 at age 58 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at Protestant Hospital.
- His wife Amelia Alice Nott became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Oakwood Cemetery in Waco, McLennan County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 16 June 1903 in The Dallas Morning News: (Fort Worth, June 15) W. A. Williamson, age 58, died this afternoon at the Protestant Hospital from cancer. Mr. Williamson came to this city about two months ago for treatment. His remains were shipped over the Missouri, Kansas and Texas to Waco this afternoon.
- Research Note: A list of the Williamson children has survived to the present day, preserved by Powell family descendants.
- Last Edited: 19 Oct 2015