Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr.
b. 28 January 1894, d. 6 November 1960
- Father: Bonnie Griffin Wood b. 6 January 1867, d. 11 October 1907
- Mother: Annie Elizabeth Monk b. 27 September 1874, d. 4 January 1956
- Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr. was born on 28 January 1894 in Louisiana.
- Bonnie Griffin Wood and Annie Elizabeth Monk appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Stamps, Lafayette County, Arkansas. Other members of the household included Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr., Mary Katharine Wood, Catherine Farrington and Osceola Custer Wood.
- A photographic portrait was made of Bonnie Griffin Jr. and Mary Katharine Wood in 1900, when he was age six and she was four years old.
- Annie Elizabeth Monk appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Itasca, Hill County, Texas, at North Street. Other members of the household included Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr., Mary Katharine Wood and Elma Elizabeth Wood.
- He married Augusta Lucille Cummings circa 1915.
- Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr. registered for the draft on 1 June 1917 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas, while married and living ag 1427 South 10th, Waco, and employed there as an mechanic by T. Q. Garrett.
- Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr. and Augusta Lucille Cummings appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Ranger, Eastland County, Texas, at Mesquite Street. Other members of the household included Imogene Phoebe Wood and Bonnie Griffin Wood III.
- He was an automotive mechanic in a garage, according to the 1920 census.
- The following appeared on 19 August 1928 in The Waco News-Tribune-Times-Herald: Since graduation from Baylor University Wednesday, Miss Elmer Elizabeth Wood has gone to San Diego, Cal., to visit her brother, B. G. Wood.
- Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr. and Augusta Lucille Cummings appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in San Diego, San Diego County, California, at 3641 Menlo Avenue. Other members of the household included Imogene Phoebe Wood, Bonnie Griffin Wood III and Elmer Dale Wood.
- He was a service man, electric refrigeration, according to the 1930 census.
- Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr. became a widower at the 14 May 1935 death of his wife Augusta Lucille Cummings.
- He married Opal Lilas Williamson, daughter of Hugh F. Williamson and (?) Lela White.
- Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr. and Opal Lilas Williamson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in North Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada. Other members of the household included Charles Richard Wood. Also in the household were Opal's children from an earlier marriage, Blanche (age 7) and Buddie (5) Strickland, and one male lodger. In 1935 the Woods and Stricklands were living in El Centro, California.
- He was employed as a refrigeration mechanic, according to the 1940 census.
- Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr. registered for the draft in 1942 in Clark County, Nevada, while living with his wife Opal in Las Vegas, and self-employed there.
- Bonnie Griffin Wood Jr. died on 6 November 1960 at age 66 in San Diego County, California.
- He was buried at Alpine Cemetery in Alpine, San Diego County, California.
- The following appeared on 11 November 1960 in The San Diego Union: Bonnie Wood Sr. Services for Bonnie Griffin Wood Sr., 66, who died Sunday night at his home, 995 Jamacha Road, will be at 10 a.m. today in Paris Mortuary. Burial will be in Alpine Cemetery.
Wood, a television technician, lived in San Diego County 13 years. He was a member of the First Baptist Church of El Cajon.
Surviving are his widow, Opal; five sons, including Bonnie Jr., Elmer D. and James M., all of San Diego; a daughter, a stepdaughter, a stepson, and 13 grandchildren.
- Last Edited: 26 Sep 2014