Frank Oliver Wood
b. 4 August 1863, d. 12 January 1940
- Father: Uriah Griffin Wood b. 14 April 1829, d. 12 August 1899
- Mother: Catherine Farrington b. 16 January 1839, d. 6 June 1900
- Frank Oliver Wood was born on 4 August 1863 in Columbia County, Arkansas.
- Uriah Griffin Wood and Catherine Farrington appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Warren, Columbia County, Arkansas. Other members of the household included Frank Oliver Wood, Mathew Stewart Wood, Bonnie Griffin Wood and Mary Christian Wood.
- Uriah Griffin Wood and Catherine Farrington appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Mars Hill Township, Lafayette County, Arkansas. Other members of the household included Frank Oliver Wood, Mathew Stewart Wood, Bonnie Griffin Wood, Mary Christian Wood, Elma Wood and Osceola Custer Wood.
- He was working on the farm, according to the 1880 census.
- A photographic portrait was made of the sons of Uriah Griffin Wood, about 1890.
- He married Emma Eliza Averett on 1 January 1893 in Lafayette County, Arkansas.
- Frank Oliver Wood died on 12 January 1940 at age 76 in Hempstead County, Arkansas.
- His wife Emma Eliza Averett became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at White Oak (also known as DeAnn) Cemetery, Hempstead County, Arkansas, near Hope.
- The following appeared on 12 January 1940 in the Hope Star: Dr. F. O. Wood, 77, retired DeAnn physician, died at 5 o'clock Friday morning after an illness of about eight years.
He had been a practicing physician for about 50 years and covered many miles of territory in both Hempstead and Nevada counties. Ill health forced him into retirement about eight years ago.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a. m. Saturday at the DeAnn Baptist church, with burial in the DeAnn cemetery. The Rev. W. H. Stingley will have charge of the services, assisted by the Rev. Mr. Samuels.
Dr. Wood is survived by his widow.
- Last Edited: 23 Sep 2014