William Howard Hurst
b. 27 January 1884, d. 10 February 1956
- Father: Thomas Jefferson Hurst b. 1854, d. 7 February 1933
- Mother: Katherine Kelley b. 1855, d. 1916
- William Howard Hurst was born on 27 January 1884 in Apolonia, Grimes County, Texas.
- He was known as Howard.
- He married Helen Elizabeth Uzzell, daughter of Calvin Dunn Uzzell and Susan Elizabeth Kennard, on 8 June 1904 in Grimes County, Texas.
- William Howard Hurst registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Grimes County, Texas, while living in Anderson, and self-employed there farming.
- William Howard Hurst and Helen Elizabeth Uzzell appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, and also six other children (Jack, Howard Jr., Lizzy Kate, Drew, Doris Fay and Mardel) who have not yet been recorded.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1930 census.
- On the occasion of their 50th wedding anniversary celebration held during December 1946 in Navasota, William and Lizzie Hurst Wood were photographed with their brothers and sisters who attended the event.
- William Howard Hurst died on 10 February 1956 at age 72 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, . His death was officially witnessed by Helen Elizabeth Uzzell.
- He was buried at Odd Fellows Cemetery in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 26 Oct 2014