Alexander P. Harrall
b. 3 April 1882, d. 5 December 1939
- Father: Lemuel Drake Harrall b. 13 January 1854, d. 22 December 1913
- Mother: Charlotte Powe Harrington b. 12 December 1856, d. 13 September 1936
- Alexander P. Harrall was born on 3 April 1882 in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina.
- Lemuel Drake Harrall and Charlotte Powe Harrington appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina. Other members of the household included Alexander P. Harrall, Henry Harrington Harrall, Annie Laurie Harrall, Charlotte Harrington Harrall and James Pressley Harrall.
- The following appeared on 3 July 1911 in The State: (Ruby, July 2) A number of visitors have been here during the week. A house party brought together a number of young ladies and gentlemen. Rev. and Mrs. J. Millard have had as their guests for the week Miss Maggie B. Turner of Winnsboro, Miss Marion Frazier of Blairs and Miss Walker Reedy of Clio. Mr. and Mrs. J. C. Huntley entertained their attractive cousins, Misses Claire and Ella Sellers of Cheraw. Mr. and Mrs. H. H. Harrall had as their guests Miss Laura and Lottie Harral of Cheraw, J. S. McGregor was the host of G. K. Craig of Waesboro, Alex. Harrall of Cheraw and Mr. Green of Lancaster. . . .
- The following appeared on 27 December 1913 in The State: (Cheraw, Dec. 26) Lemuel D. Harrall died Tuesday morning at the Florence hospital, and was buried Wednesday afternoon in St. David’s churchyard. He had been in failing health more than a year, though at different times he was able to go out and attend to his business. For many years Mr. Harrall was a prominent figure in business circles here, as a merchant and cotton buyer, and he was also, until his health failed, long the clerk and treasurer of Cheraw and was an efficient and popular official.
Mr. Harrall was about 57 years old. He married Miss Lottie Harrington, daughter of the late Henry W. Harrington. He is survived by his wife, three sons, Henry Harrall of Ruby, Alex Har[r]all and James Har[r]all of Cheraw and two daughters, Misses Laurie and Lottie of Cheraw. There are also surviving him three brothers, Walter Harrall of Norfolk, Va., Thomas P. Harrall and Henry W. Harrall of Cheraw, and one sister, Mrs. Mary H. Reid of Washington.
- A snapshot was taken of some Pegues cousins gathered in Spring Hill at the Pegues place during the 1920s.
- Alexander P. Harrall died on 5 December 1939 at age 57 in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina.
- He was buried at Old Saint David's Episcopal Church Cemetery in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina.
- Last Edited: 11 Apr 2016