b. May 1875, d. 28 March 1910
- Mother: Delia McFadden b. circa 14 March 1858, d. 15 December 1939
- Rena McFadden was born in May 1875 in Texas.
- She married Maxie C. Baldtrip, son of Hampton and Celia, on 21 April 1895 in Harris County, Texas.
- Delia McFadden appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 2711 Burnet Street. Other members of the household included Rena McFadden, Maxey Baldtrip, Bessie Baldtrip, Mary Ella McFadden and George W. Burton. Also in the household is granddaughter Edna Blakely (age 2), apparently Mary Ella's daughter from an earlier marriage. Maxie (4) and Bessie Balltrip (3) also are identified as granddaughters of Delia McFadden.
- She was a washerwoman, according to the 1900 census.
- A photographic portrait was made of Rena McFadden Baldtrip and daughters Maxey and Bessie Baldtrip, about 1901.
- She married Willie Smith on 21 January 1901 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Rena McFadden died on 28 March 1910 at age 34 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, . According to her death certificate (name recorded as Arena Smith), she died of tuberculosis contracted in Oklahoma, and was the daughter of Delia McFadden and Frank Marshall. No informant is specified.
- Her husband Willie Smith became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Evergreen Negro Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 22 Apr 2016