El Sine Johnson
b. 23 June 1874, d. 12 September 1929
- Father: George W. Johnson b. 5 March 1852, d. 9 September 1915
- Mother: Rebecca L. Rikard b. circa July 1855, d. between 1910 and 1911
- El Sine Johnson was born on 23 June 1874 in Illinois.
- George W. Johnson and Rebecca L. Rikard appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Srygley Beat, Colbert County, Alabama. Other members of the household included El Sine Johnson, Rachel Johnson and William Homer Johnson. Apparently son W. H. is identified as Jim (age 3 months). Also in the household was a sister of Rebecca, identified as "Wel"? (age 20), not yet identified.
- George W. Johnson Johnson homeplace, Cherokee, Alabama.
- She married Clarence Sidney Greenhill, son of Samuel Boatright Greenhill and Nancy Caroline Devaney, on 24 May 1896 in Colbert County, Alabama, and Clarence's brother Charlie married El Sine's sister Ida.
- Samuel Boatwright Greenhill homeplace, near Cherokee, Alabama.
- Clarence Sidney Greenhill and El Sine Johnson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Cherokee, Colbert County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Esther Mae Greenhill and Blanche Gertrude Greenhill.
- Clarence Sidney Greenhill and El Sine Johnson appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Lakenon Station, Hill County, Texas. Other members of the household included Blanche Gertrude Greenhill, Grace Lee Greenhill, Robert Franklin Greenhill and Ernest Douglas Greenhill.
- A snapshot was taken of El Sine Greenhill with her milk cow.
- Her husband Clarence Sidney Greenhill became a widower at her death.
- El Sine Johnson died on 12 September 1929 at age 55 in Brandon, Hill County, Texas, . Her death was officially witnessed by Clarence Sidney Greenhill.
- She was buried at Ridge Park Cemetery in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 2 Jun 2015
Family: Clarence Sidney Greenhill b. 23 December 1874, d. 28 August 1946
- Esther Mae Greenhill+ b. 16 December 1896, d. 24 March 1975
- Blanche Gertrude Greenhill b. 27 November 1898, d. 21 March 1984
- Grace Lee Greenhill b. 2 April 1903, d. 12 October 1989
- Robert Franklin Greenhill+ b. 7 September 1905, d. 3 January 1978
- Ernest Douglas Greenhill+ b. 26 May 1912, d. 4 November 1981