Mirabeau Buonaparte Lamar
b. 16 August 1798, d. 19 December 1859
- Father: John Lamar b. circa 1769, d. 3 August 1833
- Mother: Rachel Lamar b. circa 1774, d. 26 July 1839
- Mirabeau Buonaparte Lamar was born on 16 August 1798 in Louisville, Jefferson County, Georgia.
- Lamar County, established by an act of congress of the Republic of Texas on 17 December 1840 and organized by election the following year, was named in his honor.
- Mirabeau Buonaparte Lamar died on 19 December 1859 at age 61 in Richmond, Fort Bend County, Texas.
- For additional biographical information, see The Texas Handbook Online.
- Last Edited: 25 Nov 2010