Thomas Jefferson Rusk
b. 5 December 1803, d. 29 July 1857
- Thomas Jefferson Rusk was born on 5 December 1803 in Pendleton District, South Carolina.
- He married Mary F. Cleveland, daughter of John Cleveland, on 4 January 1827.
- Thomas Jefferson Rusk and Mary F. Cleveland appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Nacogdoches County, Texas. Other members of the household included Benjamin L. Rusk, Cicero Rusk, Thomas D. Rusk and Helen Rusk.
- He was a lawyer, according to the 1850 census.
- Thomas Jefferson Rusk became a widower at the 26 April 1856 death of his wife.
- Thomas Jefferson Rusk died on 29 July 1857 at age 53.
- He was interred at Oak Grove Cemetery, Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches County, Texas.
- For additional biographical information, see The Texas Handbook Online.
- Last Edited: 3 Jul 2009