Friedrich August Menzer
b. 16 January 1839, d. 30 September 1900
- Friedrich August Menzer was born on 16 January 1839 in Colmnitz, Sachsen.
- He was a carpenter [Zimmerman].
- He married Concordia Wilhelmine Schiffel, daughter of Karl Gottlieb Schiffel and Johanne Friederike Böhner, on 15 September 1867 in Colmnitz, Sachsen.
- Friedrich August Menzer became a widower at the 6 February 1887 death of his wife Concordia Wilhelmine Schiffel.
- He married Anne Ernestine Schiffel, daughter of Karl Gottlieb Schiffel and Johanne Christiana Lieber, on 15 April 1888.
- A portrait was made of Friedrich August Menzer and family, about 1899.
- Friedrich August Menzer died on 30 September 1900 at age 61 in Colmnitz, Sachsen.
- His wife Anne Ernestine Schiffel became a widow at his death.
- Anne Ernestine Schiffel was a sister of Concordia Wilhelmine Schiffel, first wife of Friedrich Menzer, according to Fred Menzer's trip to Germany and research.
- Source: Information on Ida Alwine Menzer and her her origins from Nancy Sinclair
(May 2010), and "Bourke and Bass Families of Texas" by Sylvia Ann Bass (Genealogy.com FTM Online, April 2009).
- Last Edited: 29 Sep 2015
Family 1: Concordia Wilhelmine Schiffel b. 22 November 1842, d. 6 February 1887
- Ida Alwine Menzer+ b. 19 July 1868, d. 1 June 1902
- Friedrich Wilhelm Menzer+ b. 30 May 1870, d. 26 September 1950
- Carl Friedrich Menzer+ b. 22 May 1872, d. 19 April 1923
- Auguste Minna Menzer b. 3 January 1875, d. 26 October 1917
- Bertha Helene Menzer b. 7 February 1876
- Heinrich Oskar Menzer b. 1 August 1881, d. 2 January 1968