Homer Lee Kempe
b. 14 January 1930, d. 12 March 2009
- Father: Otto Kempe b. 10 June 1900, d. 30 March 1945
- Mother: Bulah Mae Bullard b. 18 April 1912, d. 15 August 1999
- Homer Lee Kempe was born on 14 January 1930 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at 2812 Chestnut.
- Otto Kempe and Bulah Mae Bullard appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at 2817 North Commerce. Other members of the household included Homer Lee Kempe, Wayne Gilbert Kempe. Son Homer Lee is identified As Otto M. Kempe, age 10.)
- He married Novell Jones circa 1948.
- Bulah Kempe and her sons Homer and Wayne, and her brothers-in-laws Frank and William Kempe, appeared in the 1949 Fort Worth City Directory.
- The following appeared on 17 August 1999 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: (Bedford) Bulah Mae Evans, 87, a homemaker, died Sunday, Aug. 15, 1999, in Bedford.
Funeral: 1 p.m. Wednesday at Arlington Funeral Home in Arlington.
Burial: Moore Memorial Gardens in Arlington. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
Memorials: Arthritis Foundation.
Bulah Mae Evans was born on April 18, 1912, in Fort Worth, Texas.
She was a loving mother and grandmother and will be missed by many.
She was preceded in death by her sister, Eula Faye Stout; brothers, L.P. Bullard, Virgil Bullard and James Bullard; and husbands, Otto Kempe and Adam Evans.
Survivors: Sons, Homer L. Kempe and his wife, Novell, of Richland Hills, Wayne G. Kempe and his wife, Joanne, of Richland Hills, Billy J. Kempe and his wife, Cleta, of Keller and Larry E. Kempe and his wife, Pauline, of Bedford; brother, J.B. Bullard; 14 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
- His wife Novell Jones became a widow at his death.
- Homer Lee Kempe died on 12 March 2009 at age 79 in Richland Hills, Tarrant County, Texas.
- He was interred at Bluebonnet Hills Memorial Park, Colleyville, Tarrant County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 14 March 2009 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: (Richland Hills) Homer Kempe, 79, passed away Thursday, March 12, 2009, at home.
Funeral: 11:30 a.m. Monday in Mount Olivet Chapel. Interment: Bluebonnet Hills Memorial Park in Colleyville. Visitation: 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Mount Olivet Funeral Home.
Homer was born Jan. 14, 1930, in Fort Worth to Beulah and Otto Kempe. He started working for American Airlines in 1946 and continued working there for 38 years until his retirement. He was a member of Richland Hills Church of Christ.
Survivors: Wife of 61 years, Novell; daughter, Connie Knautz and husband, Dennis, of North Richland Hills; sons, Johnny Kempe of Cisco, Bobby Kempe and wife, Shannon, of Sachse; brothers, Bill Kempe and wife, Cleta, of Keller, Wayne Kempe and wife, Joann, of North Richland Hills and Lawrence Kempe and wife, Pauline, of Bedford; grandchildren, Stephen Kempe, Danny Kempe, Cheryl Tinney and husband, John, Jason Kempe, Travis Kempe and Stephanie Knautz; and several great-grandchildren.
- Last Edited: 5 Dec 2016