b. 28 December 1890, d. 16 July 1975
- Father: Julius Frank b. 1 January 1848, d. 10 March 1928
- Mother: Josephine Oppenheimer b. 1 January 1855, d. 13 December 1913
- Lillie Frank was born on 28 December 1890 in Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana.
- Julius Frank and Josephine Oppenheimer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana, at Broad Street Also in the household were five other children, not yet recorded, and well as two female domestic servants.. Other members of the household included Lillie Frank.
- She married James Smither Abercrombie, son of James Buford Abercrombie and Evelina Wood, on 6 May 1925.
- James Smither Abercrombie and Lillie Frank arrived in the Port of New Orleans on 18 March 1926, aboard the SS Munamar, having departed Havana on the 16th.
- James Smither Abercrombie and Lillie Frank appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at the Warwick Hotel apartments.
- The following appeared on 2 October 1932 in The Times-Picayune: (Lake Charles, La.) Mrs. J. S. Abercrombie and daughter, Josephine of Houston were week-end guests of Mrs. Abercrombie's sisters, Mrs. Ray Craft and Miss Carrie Frank.
- Various members of the Abercrombie family were listed in the 1937 Houston City Directory.
- James Smither Abercrombie and Lillie Frank appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 2221 River Oaks Boulevard.
- The following appeared on 6 March 1947 in The Dallas Morning News: (Houston, March 5) Mr. and Mrs. J. S. Abercrombie and daughter, Miss Josephine Abercrombie, have made a gift of $500,000 to Rice Institute for construction of a science-engineering building.
Receipt of the gift was announced Wednesday by Harry C. Hanszen, chairman of the board of trustees of the school.
Hanszen said architects are preparing plans for the building, and trustees are hopeful that construction can begin this spring.
Construction already is under way on a $315,000 classroom building on the campus and work is expected to be started soon on a $1,250,000 library building, made possible through a gift of one million dollars from Mrs. W. W. Fondren last June.
- Lillie Frank became a widow at the 7 January 1975 death of her husband James Smither Abercrombie.
- Lillie Frank died on 16 July 1975 at age 84 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital.
- She was interred at Glenwood Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 3 Apr 2016
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine