Ella Lynn Wood
b. 31 December 1895, d. 2 February 1977
- Father: Solomon William Wood b. 26 January 1849, d. 5 October 1922
- Mother: Martha Clarana Reed b. 27 July 1853, d. 4 January 1929
- Ella Lynn Wood was born on 31 December 1895 in Grimes County, Texas.
- She was known as Lynn.
- Solomon William Wood and Martha Clarana Reed appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Ella Lynn Wood, Rush Brevard Wood, Henry Campbell Wood, Walter Warren Wood, Homer LeGrand Wood, Solomon William Wood Jr. and Elizabeth B. Hurst. It is worthy of note that birth information for the entire family is extraordinarily inaccurate.
- A photographic portrait was made of young Lynn Wood.
- The following appeared on 27 June 1909 in The Galveston Daily News: (Richards) . . . Miss Eunice Haynie of Apolonia was a visitor to our town last week, guest of Miss Lynn Wood.
Mr. and Mrs. Green A. Wood and little daughter, Edith, returned to Navasota Tuesday after spending a couple of weeks with Mr. and Mrs. S. W. Wood.
- Solomon William Wood and Martha Clarana Reed appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Grimes County, Texas, living next to their daughter Mary Easley.. Other members of the household included Ella Lynn Wood.
- Members of the Haynie and Wood families, and some neighbors, were photographed in front of "the Haynie hotel" in Richards, about 1911.
- She married Albert Nolan Cecil, son of George Meggs Cecil and Ida Louise Flewellen, circa 1913.
- Albert Nolan Cecil and Ella Lynn Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Jefferson County, Texas. Other members of the household included Bonnie Eloise Cecil and Mary Frances Cecil.
- A snapshot was taken about 1920 of Mattie Reed Wood and her daughters Mary Easley and Lynn Cecil.
- Albert Nolan Cecil and Ella Lynn Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas, at 4090 Virginia Avenue. Other members of the household included Bonnie Eloise Cecil, Mary Frances Cecil, Albert Nolen Cecil, Carroll Wood Cecil, Peggy Jean Cecil and Gerald Myers Cecil.
- Albert Nolan Cecil and Ella Lynn Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Humble, Harris County, Texas. Other members of the household included Albert Nolen Cecil, Carroll Wood Cecil, Peggy Jean Cecil, Gerald Myers Cecil, Glenn Lamar Cecil and Mary Ann Durrom. In 1935, the family was living in Conroe, Montgomery County.
- Members of the Wood family gathered for a Sunday afternoon barbeque, about 1940.
- On the occasion of their 50th wedding anniversary celebration held during December 1946 in Navasota, William and Lizzie Hurst Wood were photographed with their brothers and sisters who attended the event.
- Members of the Wood family were photographed Fannie Wood Haynie's east yard during 1946, when family gathered to celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary of William and Lizzie Hurst Wood.
- Ella Lynn Wood became a widow at the 7 February 1974 death of her husband Albert Nolan Cecil.
- She officially witnessed the death of Albert Nolan Cecil on 7 February 1974 at Memorial Southeast Hospital in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Ella Lynn Wood died on 2 February 1977 at age 81 in Harris County, Texas.
- She was interred at Forest Park-Lawndale Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- The following appeared in a local newspaper: Mrs. Lynn E. Cecil, 81, passed away Wednesday, February 2, 1977 in a local hospital. Native of Richards, Texas, Houston resident for the past 39 years. Member of the Baptist Church. Survivors: Daughters, Mrs. Eloise Bender, Humble; Mrs. Mary Miller, Mrs. Peggy Matthews, Mrs. Barbara Brazelton, all of Houston; sons, Albert Cecil, Arlington; Gerald Cecil, Houston; Glen Cecil, Garland; 22 grandchildren; 13 great grandchildren; 1 great-great-granddaughter. Funeral services 10:30 a.m. Friday Forest Park Lawndale Funeral Chapel with Rev. Worth Hewitt officiating, interment Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery. Pallbearers will be grandsons.
- Last Edited: 5 Jul 2014
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine
Family: Albert Nolan Cecil b. 18 August 1891, d. 7 February 1974
- Martha Louise Cecil b. 5 September 1914, d. 6 October 1914
- Bonnie Eloise Cecil+ b. 6 May 1916, d. 13 October 1985
- Mary Frances Cecil+ b. 11 June 1919, d. 23 December 2013
- Albert Nolen Cecil+ b. 15 September 1921, d. 10 June 2010
- Carroll Wood Cecil+ b. 27 February 1923, d. 12 September 1968
- Peggy Jean Cecil+ b. 15 July 1924, d. 2 July 1993
- Gerald Myers Cecil+ b. 19 May 1929, d. 6 March 2001
- Glenn Lamar Cecil+ b. 16 September 1930, d. 8 September 1997