b. 1 January 1888, d. 18 May 1936
- Father: John D. Teague b. 10 June 1856, d. 3 April 1939
- Mother: Mary Thomas Whitfield b. 21 July 1863, d. 9 September 1940
- Carrie Teague was born on 1 January 1888 in Grimes County, Texas.
- John D. Teague and Mary Thomas Whitfield appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Grimes County, Texas, enumerated next to J. D.'s half-brother Joe Teague. Other members of the household included Carrie Teague, Clem Boyd Teague, Floyd Preston Teague, Agnes Teague and Dink Etta Teague.
- She married William Henry Garner, son of (?) Garner and Mahalah J. Hamilton, on 1 January 1908 in Grimes County, Texas.
- William Henry Garner and Carrie Teague appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Grimes County, Texas, living next to Carrie's sister Agnes Wood.. Other members of the household included Floyd Boyd Garner.
- Carrie, Will and son Floyd Garner had a photographic portrait made about 1912.
- William Henry Garner and Carrie Teague appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Floyd Boyd Garner and William Henry Garner Jr.
- Carrie and Will Garner went their separate ways sometime between 1920 and 1930.
- Carrie Teague appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Floyd Boyd Garner and William Henry Garner Jr. Boarding in the household was public school teacher William Wilcox.
- On the same day that Billie Marie Lawhon and Billie Wood were photographed in Richards with their birthday cake, she was photographed with her mother and neighbors Mollie Whitfield Teague and her daughter Carrie Teague Garner.
- Carrie Teague died on 18 May 1936 at age 48 in Texas.
- She was buried at Fairview Cemetery in Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- The following appeared on 19 May 1936 in the Navasota Daily Examiner: Services were held this afternoon at Richards for Mrs. Carrie Garner and Paul Boring, the latter passing on in Madisonville Monday afternoon after an appendectomy Friday. [:CR::] Complications arising from development of pneumonia reportedly caused his death. [:CR::] Mrs. Garner died at 10 o’clock Monday night. Her death was reportedly attributed to cerebral hemmorhage and apoplexy. [:CR::] Services this afternoon were held at the Methodist church by the Rev. T. C. Sharp, that for Mr. Boring at 3 o’clock and that for Mrs. Garner at 4 o’clock. [:CR::] Mrs. Garner, 48, was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J. C. Teague of Richards and leaves one son, Will Gerner, her parents, sister and brother. Floyd Garner, another son, died several years ago following burns suffered in an accident, it was said. [:CR::] Mr. Boring, 23, employe of the Madisonville picture show, died at 3 o’clock Monday afternoon. The deceased was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Fennel Boring of Richards. [:CR::] Both of the deceased were well-known to Grimes countians and leave many friends who were shocked to learn of their sudden deaths.
- Last Edited: 8 Jun 2015
- Charts: Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua