Ivy Knudson Jones
b. 22 July 1929, d. 3 January 2012
- Father: Newton Anderson Jones b. 5 February 1896, d. 14 January 1977
- Mother: Mary Eula Wood b. 22 September 1902, d. 21 July 1992
- Ivy Knudson Jones was born on 22 July 1929 in Grimes County, Texas.
- John Polk Jones and Sarah Louisa Thomas appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Montgomery County, Texas, enumerated next to their son John.. Other members of the household included Ivy Knudson Jones, Edward P. Jones, Newton Anderson Jones and Mary Eula Wood.
- Newton Anderson Jones and Mary Eula Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Mill Town, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Ivy Knudson Jones, Francis Lew Allen Harris, Edward P. Jones and Robert Efford McCune. No occupation is recorded for Newton Jones or his brother Edward. Robert McCune was Mary Eula's second cousin; their grandfathers were brothers Solomon and Rush Wood.
- Ivy Knudson Jones died on 3 January 2012 at age 82 in Gunter, Grayson County, Texas.
- The following appeared in the funeral home website: Ivy K. Jones, born July 22, 1929 in Richards, Texas to Newton Anderson and Mary Jones, passed away on January 3, 2012 in Gunter, Texas. Survived by his wife: Maxine Jones, children: Janis Jones, Nanci Rolbiecki, Randy Jones, Sande Thomson, Cindy Timewell and Scott Jones; 10 grandchildren; 4 great grandchildren; sisters: Lurline Harris and Jewel D. Adock. Funeral services 3:00 p.m. Saturday, January 7, 2012 at Sparkman/Hillcrest Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
- Last Edited: 14 Oct 2015