Thomas Jefferson Haynie Jr.
b. 7 February 1925, d. 5 October 2002
- Father: Thomas Jefferson Haynie b. 14 October 1900, d. 18 December 1970
- Mother: Ruth Ida Rabon b. 3 January 1904, d. 6 September 1963
- Thomas Jefferson Haynie Jr. was born on 7 February 1925 in Texas.
- He was known as Jeff and by family and friends as Jeff Jr.
- Thomas Jefferson Haynie and Ruth Ida Rabon appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Thomas Jefferson Haynie Jr.
- He married Ruth Elizabeth Warren circa 1947 in Harris County, Texas.
- Thomas Jefferson Haynie Jr. became a widower at the 21 September 1998 death of his wife Ruth Elizabeth Warren.
- Thomas Jefferson Haynie Jr. died on 5 October 2002 at age 77 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- He was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards, following services at the First United Methodist Church, Navasota.
- The following appeared on 10 October 2002 in the Navasota Examiner: Jeff Haynie, born February 7, 1925, died Saturday October 5, 2002, after a long and courageous struggle with heart disease. Mr. Haynie was born in Grimes County, Texas, and resided in Navasota since 1955. At age 18, he entered military service during WWII and served almost 3 years; 18 months of which was in the European Theater with the combat engineers. He received the Bronze Star Medal for valor under enemy fire while the allies were conquering Germany in 1945. Prior to military service, he attended John Tarleton School at Stephenville, Texas, and after the war graduated from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville,Texas. When the New York Life Insurance Co. re-entered Texas in 1948, he was one of their first agents and later became the assistant manager of the Houston office. Mr. Haynie returned to Grimes County and continued the family heritage of ranching. Some of the land has been continuously operated in the Haynie Family since 1855. He was preceded in death by his wife Ruth Warren Haynie. Mr. Haynie is survived by his three children and five grandchildren: Son Tom Haynie and his wife Susie of Navasota, and their children TJ & LeeAnn. Daughter Molly Doughtie and her husband Tony of Huntsville, and their daughter Ashley. Daughter Sally Bullock and her husband Rich of Houston, and their two children Rhett and Randy. Services for Mr. Haynie were held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, October 8, at The First United Methodist Church in Navasota. The Rev. Ross Poteet officiated. Interment followed in Richards’ Fairview Cemetery. The family received visitors Monday from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm at Nobles Funeral Chapel. For those desiring, Memorial contributions may be made to First United Methodist Church, PO Box 169 Navasota, Texas 77868.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Thomas Jefferson Haynie Jr. and Ruth Elizabeth Warren.
- Last Edited: 7 Feb 2012
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine