b. February 1822
- Marie (?) was born in February 1822 in Rheinhessen.
- She married Johann Peter Seitz circa 1854.
- John Peter Seitz and Rosina Zeifang appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 906 Niagara Avenue. Other members of the household included Marie (?), Marie Seitz and Johann Peter Seitz.
- Marie (?) became a widow at the 29 March 1908 death of her husband John Peter Seitz.
- The following appeared on 30 March 1908 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Peter Seitz, 86 years old, for fifty years a resident of this city, died yesterday afternoon about 3 o'clock, at the home of his son, John Seitz, at No. 918 Niagara avenue, after a lingering illness. Death was due to old age. Besides his wife, the deceased leaves three daughters, Mrs. William Eimer, Mrs. George Cosby and Mrs. Christ Shoemaker, all of this city, and one son, John Seitz.
The funeral will be held from the home of his son, tomorrow afternoon at 2 o'clock. The Rev. Herman Brezing of the Zion Lutheran Church will officiate. Burial will be made in the Oakwood cemetery.
- The following appeared on 23 November 1909 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: John Seitz, a resident of this city, for more than 35 years, died suddenly of heart failure at his late home in No. 918 Niagara avenue at 1:30 o'clock this afternoon. Mr. Seitz had been ill for the past two days with a severe cold on his lungs. Early this afternoon Dr. L. H. Teeter was summoned and while the physician was preparing some medicine, Mr. Seitz passed away. He was 49 years old.
Born in Brooklyn, N. Y., on April 8, 1860, Mr. Seitz came to this city with his parents about 36 years ago. Nearly 22 years ago Mr. Seitz began business as an undertaker at the then village of Suspension Bridge. He has been engaged in that work to the time of his death.
He is survived by his wife, who was Miss Rose Zeifang, his mother, Mrs. Mary Seitz, and one daughter, Miss Marie Seitz. Three sisters, Mrs. William Elmer, Mrs. George W. Cosby and Mrs. Christopher Schumacher, all of this city, survive also. No arrangements have been made for the funeral but they will be announced later.
- Last Edited: 5 Aug 2012