b. 19 March 1863, d. 10 January 1904
- Joseph Jaeger was baptized/christened on 19 March 1863 in Rust, Ettenheim, Baden.
- He was born on 19 March 1863 in Rust, Baden.
- Joseph Jaeger departed on 28 January 1883 from the Port of Le Havre aboard the France, according to his 1903 passport application, but he has yet to be found on a passenger manifest. [Note: Since the SS France arrived in New York on the 27th, it appears that either the date or the name of the ship was recorded incorrectly.]
- He married Anna Maria Muttach, daughter of August Muttach and Anna Maria Hasler, circa 1884.
- Joseph Jaeger appeared in the '1888-1889 Brooklyn, New York, City Directory at 335 Floyd Street operating a delicatessen..
- He was naturalized on 19 October 1891 at County Court, Queens County, New York. Witness was Benjamin Scherer.
- Joseph Jaeger and Anna Maria Muttach appeared in the New York state census of 16 February 1892 in Newtown, Queens County, New York. Other members of the household included Albert Jaeger and Rosa Maria Jaeger.
- He was a wheelwright, according to the 1892 census.
- About 1895, a photographic family portrait was made of Maria and Joseph Jaeger and children Rosa and Albert.
- Joseph Jaeger and Anna Maria Muttach appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Queens County, New York, at Gates Avenue. Other members of the household included Rosa Maria Jaeger, Albert Jaeger, Frederick Albert Jaeger and Louisa Jaeger.
- He was a wheelwright, according to the 1900 census.
- About 1901, a photographic family portrait was made of Joseph and Maria Jaeger and children Frederick, Albert, Louisa and Rosa.
- He applied for a passport on 27 May 1903 while living in East Williamsburg, Queens County, New York. to go abroad temporarily, to return to the United States within two years.
- Joseph Jaeger arrived in the Port of New York on 28 July 1903, aboard the SS Kroonland, having departed Antwerp on the 18th.
- Joseph Jaeger died on 10 January 1904 at age 40.
- Anna Maria Muttach became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at St. John Cemetery, Middle Village, Queens County, New York.
- Last Edited: 28 Jul 2011
Family: Anna Maria Muttach b. 20 March 1862, d. 12 October 1946
- Albert Jaeger+ b. 2 July 1885
- Joseph Jaeger b. circa 2 June 1887, d. 6 August 1888
- George Jaeger b. circa 30 June 1889, d. April 1891
- Rosa Maria Jaeger+ b. 27 August 1891, d. 31 December 1985
- Maria Jaeger b. circa 3 November 1895, d. January 1896
- Frederick Albert Jaeger+ b. 23 November 1896, d. October 1979
- Louisa Jaeger+ b. 15 September 1898, d. 26 June 1925