Mary Gladys McCarroll
b. 1906, d. circa 1979
- Mary Gladys McCarroll was born in 1906 in Michigan.
- She was known as Gladys.
- She married Charles Jacob Surber, son of Johann Georg Surber and Catharina Karl, on 6 September 1927 in Bronx, New York.
- A photographic portrait was made of Charles and Gladys on their wedding day.
- Charles Jacob Surber and Mary Gladys McCarroll arrived in the Port of New York on 19 December 1927, aboard the SS Fort St. George, having departed Hamilton, Bermuda, on the 17th.
- Gladys Surber was photographed standing in front of the real estate office, likely in 1929 with son Charles.
- Charles Jacob Surber and Mary Gladys McCarroll appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Bronx, New York, at 1950 Yates Avenue. Also in the household was son
Charles Surber (age 11 months).
- Charles Jacob Surber appeared in the 1933 New York City, New York, City Directory at 1950 Yates Avenue listed with his wife Gladys, as "real estate" at 1177 East Tremont Avenue..
- Mary Gladys McCarroll became a widow at the 2 February 1964 death of her husband Charles Jacob Surber.
- Mary Gladys McCarroll died circa 1979.
- Surber family photographs, documents and details generously have been shared by descendants Edward R. Surber and Barbara Surber Hermann.
- Last Edited: 11 Apr 2016