b. circa 1826, d. circa 1899
- Caroline Herms was born circa 1826 in Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Mecklenburg.
- She married John C. Louis Mittag, son of Carston J. L. Mittag and Caroline Lammeryer.
- Ludwig and Caroline Mittag, Ida Herms and Carl Mittag arrived in the Port of New York on 31 August 1853 from Hamburg aboard the German full-rigged trader vessel Sir Robert Peel, traveling in second cabin.
- John C. Louis Mittag and Caroline Herms, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Newtown, Long Island, Queens County, New York. Other members of the household included Frank Otto Mittag, Charles Mittag, Johanna R. Mittag, James Siegfried Mittag and Louisa Mittag.
- John C. Louis Mittag and Caroline Herms appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in New York City, New York, at 132 Bleeker. Other members of the household included Johanna R. Mittag.
- John C. Louis Mittag became a widower at her death.
- Caroline Herms died circa 1899.
- Last Edited: 5 Nov 2014