b. 1 September 1892, d. 26 October 1955
- Johanna Rietbrock was born on 1 September 1892 in Herman, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- She married Peter Adam, son of Jacob Adam and Katherine Becker, on 9 November 1910.
- Johanna Rietbrock became a widow at the 4 June 1952 death of her husband Peter Adam.
- Johanna Rietbrock died on 26 October 1955 at age 63 at St. Nicholas Hospital.
- She was interred at St. Peter & Paul Catholic Cemetery, Schleswig Township, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- The following appeared on 27 October 1955 in the Sheboygan Press: Mrs. Johanna Adams, 63, of Route 1, Elkhart Lake, widow of the late Peter Adams, died early Wednesday evening at St. Nicholas Hospital. She had been a patient at the hospital for the past 10 days.
The former Johanna Reitbrock, she was born Sept. 1, 1892, in the town of Herman, a daughter of the late William and Elizabeth Bender Rietbrock. She attended district schools and, on Nov. 9, 1910, was married to Peter Adams of the town of Rhine.
Prior to Mr. Adam's death in June, 1952, the couple operated the Adams homestead farm in the town of Rhine, six miles southeast of Kiel. /P/ Survivors include two daughters, Miss Leona Adams and Mrs. Reinhold (Roma) Dennerlin, of Sheboygan; six sons, Gilbert, Hubert, Wilber and Ver of the town of Russell, and Sgt. Earl Adams, in the armed forces, and six grandchildren.
She is also survived by three sisters, Mrs. Alma Stauss, of the town of Herman, Mrs. Hilda Voecks, of Rockford, Ill., and Mrs. Erna Negley, of Columbus, Ohio, and two brothers, Arthur, of the town of Herman, and Louis, of Sheboygan. One brother and one sister also preceded her in death.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Meiselwitz Funeral Home, Kiel, with the Rev. F.X. Kheil, pastor of Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. The body will lie in state at the funeral home after 2 p.m. Friday.
- Last Edited: 30 Jun 2013