b. 11 September 1890, d. 15 January 1971
- Elsie Dexheimer was born on 11 September 1890 in Wisconsin.
- William Dexheimer and Theresa Weichel appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Sheboygan town, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Elsie Dexheimer, Alvin Dexheimer, Ernst Fred Dexheimer and Walter John Dexheimer.
- William Dexheimer and Theresa Weichel appeared in the Wisconsin state census of 1 June 1905 in Sheboygan town, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Elsie Dexheimer, Alvin Dexheimer, Ernst Fred Dexheimer, Walter John Dexheimer and Norman Dexheimer.
- She married Richard Sachse, son of Christian W. Sachse, in June 1909.
- Christian W. Sachse appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Wilson, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Elsie Dexheimer, Richard Sachse.
- Elsie Dexheimer became a widow at the 1917 death of her husband Richard Sachse.
- She married Paul Frederick Schmidt in December 1918.
- Elsie Dexheimer and Paul Frederick Schmidt appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Sheboygan Township, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, at Eighth Street living next to Elsie's parents.. Other members of the household included Richard W. Sachse.
- Paul Frederick Schmidt and Elsie Dexheimer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, at 2630 South 8th Street. Other members of the household included Richard W. Sachse.
- Elsie Dexheimer became a widow at the 2 September 1947 death of her husband Paul Frederick Schmidt.
- The following appeared on 2 September 1947 in The Sheboygan Press: Paul Frederick Schmidt, 59, of 2510 S. Eighth street, passed away at 5 a. m. today at the Sheboygan Memorial hosptial, after a 1-1/2-year illness. He was born on April 6, 1888, at Hartland, in Shawano county, the son of Frederick and Augusta Schmidt. He was confirmed on March 31, 1901, at Bonduel. /P/ On May 10, 1913, he was married to Miss Meta Mog at Johnsonville. She preceded him in death on May 30, 1915. /P/ On Dec. 16, 1918, he was married to Mrs. Elsie Sachse, nee Elsie Dexheimer, at Sheboygan. Mr. Schmidt was employed at the Optenberg Iron Works for 27 years. /P/ The survivors are his wife, one daughter, Mrs. Rudolph (Irene) Gunderson of Sheboygan; two step-children, Mrs. Carl (Clara) Dern of Sheboygan and Richard Sachse of Elkhart Lake; eight grandchildren; one brother, Fred, of Chilton; and two sisters, Mrs. Fred Bauman of Plymouth, and Mrs. Hannah Ehmke of Clintonville. He was preceded in death by his parents, one daughter and three brothers. /P/ Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p. m. on Friday at the Ballhorn Funeral chapels, with the Rev. E. R. Kreuger officiating. Burial will be made in the family lot at Wildwood cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home from Wednesday evening to the time of services.
- Elsie Dexheimer died on 15 January 1971 at age 80 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- She was interred at Wildwood Cemetery, Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- The following appeared on 15 January 1971 in the Sheboygan Press: Mrs. Elsie Schmidt, 80, a resident of Sunny Ridge, died there early today after a brief illness. /P/ A former resident of 2608 South 8th St., she was born Sept. 11, 1890, in Sheboygan, daughter of William and Theresa Dexheimer. She attended local elementary schools. /P/ Mrs. Schmidt was married to Richard Sachse in June of 1909. He died in 1917. She was married to Paul Schmidt on Dec. 1918. He died in 1947. In 1966 she moved to Sunny Ridge. /P/ Survivors include a son, Richard Sachse, rural Howards Grove-Millersville; a daughter, Mrs. Carl (Clara) Dern Sr., Sheboygan; a stepdaughter, Mrs. Rudy (Irene) Gunderson, Ontario, Calif; four brothers, Walter and Norman, both Sheboygan, Ernst, Elkhart Lake, and Alvin, Lincoln Park, Mich; several grandchildren; four step-grandchildren, ans six step-great-grandchildren. /P/ She was preceded in death by a son and daughter. /P/ Funeral services will be at 2:30 p.m. Monday at the Ballhorn Funeral Chapels, withe the Rev. Vernon Jaberg, pastor of St. John United Church of Christ, officiating. Burial will be in Wildwood Cemetery. Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Last Edited: 24 Mar 2010
Family 1: Richard Sachse b. 29 December 1889, d. September 1917
- Richard W. Sachse b. 31 July 1917, d. 17 September 1999