Eliza Jane Olds
b. January 1856, d. February 1936
- Father: Thomas Olds b. February 1840
- Eliza Jane Olds was born in January 1856 in England.
- She married Frederick Lennox Chalcraft circa 1871.
- Eliza Jane Olds and Frederick Lennox Chalcraft arrived in the United States circa 1871, according to the 1900 census.
- Frederick Lennox Chalcraft and Eliza Jane Olds appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 363 Eagle and one young female domestic servant.. Other members of the household included Frederick Lennox Chalcraft and Ida M. Chalcraft.
- Frederick Lennox Chalcraft and Eliza Jane Olds appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 322 North Hampton. Other members of the household included Etta Chalcraft, Orpha Chalcraft, Albert Chalcraft and Thomas Olds. The family was enumerated with the surname Lenox.
- Eliza Jane Olds became a widow at the 26 September 1904 death of her husband Frederick Lennox Chalcraft.
- The following appeared on 28 September 1904 in The Buffalo Courier: Capt. Frederick L. Chalcraft, a well-known navigator on the Great Lakes, died Monday at his home, No. 216 Grape Street, after an illness of several weeks. Capt. Chalcraft was 57 years old. He held many captains' berths on the Great Lakes. His widow Mary, and two sons and three daughters survive. The funeral will be held from the family home this afternoon at 3 o'clock.
- Eliza Jane Olds died in February 1936 at age 80.
- She was interred at Ridge Lawn Cemetery, Cheektowaga, Erie County, New York.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Frederick Lennox Chalcraft and Eliza Jane Olds.
- Last Edited: 10 Sep 2013