Edna Ann Williams
b. 25 May 1888
- Father: Samuel Deveaux Williams b. circa 1848, d. 24 May 1898
- Mother: Johanna Stahle b. 5 August 1858, d. 3 January 1931
- Edna Ann Williams was born on 25 May 1888 in Milan, Monroe County, Michigan.
- Johanna Stahle appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Milan Township, Monroe County, Michigan. Other members of the household included Edna Ann Williams, Hiram Hobert Williams, Belle Williams, Nellie Mae Williams, Howard Stahle Williams and Thurlow Samuel Williams.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1908 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: A very pleasant gathering was that at the home of Mrs. Margaret Weber of Willow avenue, on Wednesday, when occurred the reunion of the family of Mrs. Ursula Stahle. The only drawback of the full enjoyment of the occasion was the absence of two of Mrs. Stahle's sons, the eldest, Mr. Conrad Stahle of Cleveland avenue, being seriously ill. The house was beautifully decorated with ferns and flowers, the color scheme throughout the entire house being red and green. The time passed most pleasantly in meeting and greeting relatives and friends, old and new, many of whom met for the first time. A most bountiful dinner was served, after which Mrs. Daniel Behe sang several beautiful solos, and Miss Ursula Stahle rendered some instrumental music. Among the out-of-town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. James Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, of Lockport; Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Behe, of Gasport; Mrs. Herman Gaertner and Miss Edna Williams, of Petersburg, Mich; Mrs. John Cleghorn and son Robert, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Fitzgerald and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weber and daughter, of Buffalo.
Many of those attending the reunion appear in the accompanying photograph.
- She married Martin Henry Wright, son of Silas E. Wright and Anna A. Schumaker, on 20 January 1912 in Essex County, Ontario, Canada, by license issued the same day, residence of bride Buffalo, and groom Detroit.
- Martin Henry Wright registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Wayne County, Michigan, while living at 453 Crane in Detroit, and employed there as a salesman by Hayes & Knauff. He lists as dependents his wife and his mother.
- The following appeared on 12 December 1924 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: The People of the State of New York, to George H. Williams, brother of Hiram P. Williams, deceased, whose residence and post office address is unknown and cannot after due diligence be ascertained, and to Robert, Hiram, Howard, Thurlow, Belle, Nell and Edna Williams, nephews and nieces of Hiram P. Williams, deceased, all of the State of Washington but whose places of residence and post office addresses are unknown and cannot after due diligence be ascertained and to all the heirs-at-law and next of kin of Hiram P. Williams, deceased, formerly of the City of Niagara Falls, N. Y.
[:TAB] Whereas Florence Dennison, who resides at the City of Niagara Falls, New York, has presented a petition to the Surrogate's Court of our County of Niagara, praying for a cecree that a certain instrument in writing, bearing date the 10th day of July, 1921, relating to both real and personal property, be duly proved and admitted to probate as the last will and testament of Hiram P. Williams, late of the City of Niagara Falls in the County of Niagara, and State of New York, deceased.
Therefore, you and each of you, are cited to show cause before the Surrogate's Court of our County of Niagara, at the Court House, in the City of Niagara, at the Court House, in the City of Niagara Falls, 249 Second Street, in the said County of Niagara, on the 20th day of December, 1924, at 2 o'clock in the afternoon of that day, why such a decree should not be made.
In testimony whereof, we have caqused the Seal of said Surrogate's Court to be hereunto affixed.
Witness, Hon. Charles Hickey, Surrogate of our said County of Niagara, at Niagara Falls, N. Y., this 15th day of November, 1924.
Elizabeth E. Tenbrook, Clerk of the Currogate's Court.
Gervase Rhoney, Attorney for Executrix, Main and Niagara Avenue, Niagara Falls, N. Y.
- Johanna Stahle Williams Gaertner was photographed about 1926 surrounded by many members of her large family.
- Last Edited: 24 Feb 2014