Nellie Mae Williams
b. 4 September 1886, d. 8 August 1928
- Father: Samuel Deveaux Williams b. circa 1848, d. 24 May 1898
- Mother: Johanna Stahle b. 5 August 1858, d. 3 January 1931
- Nellie Mae Williams was born on 4 September 1886 in Milan, Monroe County, Michigan.
- Her name was recorded as Alice May Williams in the Michigan record of births.
- Johanna Stahle appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Milan Township, Monroe County, Michigan. Other members of the household included Nellie Mae Williams, Hiram Hobert Williams, Belle Williams, Edna Ann Williams, Howard Stahle Williams and Thurlow Samuel Williams.
- She married Harry Lawrence Blunt circa 1908.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1908 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: A very pleasant gathering was that at the home of Mrs. Margaret Weber of Willow avenue, on Wednesday, when occurred the reunion of the family of Mrs. Ursula Stahle. The only drawback of the full enjoyment of the occasion was the absence of two of Mrs. Stahle's sons, the eldest, Mr. Conrad Stahle of Cleveland avenue, being seriously ill. The house was beautifully decorated with ferns and flowers, the color scheme throughout the entire house being red and green. The time passed most pleasantly in meeting and greeting relatives and friends, old and new, many of whom met for the first time. A most bountiful dinner was served, after which Mrs. Daniel Behe sang several beautiful solos, and Miss Ursula Stahle rendered some instrumental music. Among the out-of-town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. James Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, of Lockport; Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Behe, of Gasport; Mrs. Herman Gaertner and Miss Edna Williams, of Petersburg, Mich; Mrs. John Cleghorn and son Robert, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Fitzgerald and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weber and daughter, of Buffalo.
Many of those attending the reunion appear in the accompanying photograph.
- Robert Deveaux Williams appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Tyler Township, Spokane County, Washington. Other members of the household included Nellie Mae Williams, Hiram Hobert Williams and Gerald William Blunt.
- She married James Raymond Stone, son of Robert Madison (?) Stone and Mary Gatewood, on 20 June 1912.
- Robert Deveaux Williams was photographed about 1915 at his Fishtrap resort with sisters Belle and Nellie and brother Hiram, and their spouses.
- James Raymond Stone and Nellie Mae Williams appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Tum Tum Precinct, Stevens County, Washington. Other members of the household included Gerald William Blunt and James Robert Stone.
- The following appeared on 12 December 1924 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: The People of the State of New York, to George H. Williams, brother of Hiram P. Williams, deceased, whose residence and post office address is unknown and cannot after due diligence be ascertained, and to Robert, Hiram, Howard, Thurlow, Belle, Nell and Edna Williams, nephews and nieces of Hiram P. Williams, deceased, all of the State of Washington but whose places of residence and post office addresses are unknown and cannot after due diligence be ascertained and to all the heirs-at-law and next of kin of Hiram P. Williams, deceased, formerly of the City of Niagara Falls, N. Y.
[:TAB] Whereas Florence Dennison, who resides at the City of Niagara Falls, New York, has presented a petition to the Surrogate's Court of our County of Niagara, praying for a cecree that a certain instrument in writing, bearing date the 10th day of July, 1921, relating to both real and personal property, be duly proved and admitted to probate as the last will and testament of Hiram P. Williams, late of the City of Niagara Falls in the County of Niagara, and State of New York, deceased.
Therefore, you and each of you, are cited to show cause before the Surrogate's Court of our County of Niagara, at the Court House, in the City of Niagara, at the Court House, in the City of Niagara Falls, 249 Second Street, in the said County of Niagara, on the 20th day of December, 1924, at 2 o'clock in the afternoon of that day, why such a decree should not be made.
In testimony whereof, we have caqused the Seal of said Surrogate's Court to be hereunto affixed.
Witness, Hon. Charles Hickey, Surrogate of our said County of Niagara, at Niagara Falls, N. Y., this 15th day of November, 1924.
Elizabeth E. Tenbrook, Clerk of the Currogate's Court.
Gervase Rhoney, Attorney for Executrix, Main and Niagara Avenue, Niagara Falls, N. Y.
- Johanna Stahle Williams Gaertner was photographed about 1926 surrounded by many members of her large family.
- Nellie Mae Williams died on 8 August 1928 at age 41 in Spokane, Washington.
- James Raymond Stone became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Riverside Memorial Park, Spokane, Spokane County, Washington.
- The following appeared on 17 May 1956 in the Ritzville Journal-Times: (Sprague) Funeral services were held May 2 at the Danekas and Duncan funeral home in Ritzville for James Raymond Stone.
Stone was born in September, 1879, at Runels, Texas, and had lived in this community for nearly 50 years, farming in the Sprague and Tyler districts. He had made his home since 1952 with Mr. and Mrs. Hurley Griffith.
Surviving are two sons, Robert and Howard Stone of Spokane, and one adopted son, Jerry Stone of Spokane; one nephew, Albert W. Koehler of San Francisco; and one niece, Mrs. Daisy McCully of Upland, Calif.
The Rev. R. W. Reiger officated at the services with burial in the Ritzville Memorial cemetery.
- Last Edited: 6 Mar 2014