Marion Jean Davies
b. 4 June 1925, d. 22 April 2001
- Father: Ross Daniel Davies b. 15 March 1899, d. 24 June 1959
- Mother: Marie Josephine Anderson b. 5 October 1901, d. 15 January 1995
- Marion Jean Davies was born on 4 June 1925 in South Dakota.
- Ross Daniel Davies and Marie Josephine Anderson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Brookings, South Dakota, at 919 Eighth Avenue. Other members of the household included Marion Jean Davies, Charles Ellis Davies.
- The following appeared on 25 July 1933 in the Lead Daily Call: Mrs. Anna Davies of this city has been enjoying a family reunion the past week, the first time the family have all been home together in more than ten years. Mrs. Ray Hansen, formerly Marion Davies, and her husband of Oshkosh, Wis., arrived a week ago, and Ross Davies came last week also from Brookings to join his wife and two little daughters, Marion Jean and Dorothy Ann who had been guests of his mother and brother Charles in Lead the past four months. There was no special festivity to mark the reunion, the time being spent in visiting and pleasure rides to scenic places. Ross and his family returned Sunday to their home in Brookings, and Mr. and Mrs. Hansen will leave this evening via the North Western to return to their home in Oshkosh.
- A snapshot was taken of Anna Davies with sons Charlie and Ross. (Based on the apparent ages of Charlie and Ross, the child in the foreground likely was Ross's daughter Dorothy.)
- The following appeared on 14 August 1936 in the Lead Daily Call: Mary Jean Davies, little daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ross Davies of Brookings, is a visitor at the home of her uncle and aunt, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Davies of this city. She arrived here a week ago, and at the completion of her visit the latter part of August, will be taken to Brookings by her uncle and aunt.
- Ross Daniel Davies and Marie Josephine Anderson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Brookings, South Dakota, at 921 Eighth Avenue. Other members of the household included Marion Jean Davies.
- She married Robert Dean DeKraay.
- Marion Jean Davies became a widow at the 12 August 1982 death of her husband Robert Dean DeKraay.
- Marion Jean Davies died on 22 April 2001 at age 75 in Edina, Hennepin County, Minnesota.
- She was interred at Fort Snelling National Cemetery, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota.
- The following appeared on 2 May 2001 in the Sun Newspapers: Marion Jean Davies DeKraay, 75, of Edina died April 22, 2001.
She was preceded in death by her husband Robert.
She is survived by children and their spouses, Ross and Jill, Ann and Mark Skoog, and Jane DeKraay; five grandchildren; and one sister.
Funeral services were conducted April 27 at Normandale Lutheran Church with interment at Fort Snelling National Cemetery.
- Last Edited: 15 Jul 2016