John Eugene Weiler Jr.
b. 9 January 1935, d. 22 June 2008
- Father: John Eugene Weiler b. 27 October 1909, d. 4 August 1993
- Mother: Thelma Louise Bridges b. 15 January 1911, d. 2 May 2004
- John Eugene Weiler Jr. was born on 9 January 1935 in Duncan, Stephens County, Oklahoma.
- John Eugene Weiler appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Duncan, Stephens County, Oklahoma, at 609 North 12th Street. Other members of the household included John Eugene Weiler Jr.
- The following appeared on 26 June 1943 in the Corsicana Daily Sun: Major and Mrs. John E. Weiler, and children, John, Jr. and Louis[e], were spend-the-night guests in the home of their aunt, Mrs. W. D. Fountain, on Thursday en route from Austin where they visited in the home of Major Weiler's parents, Col. and Mrs. Harold Weiler, of Ft. Knox, Ky. where Major Weiler has been stationed as executive officer of the 87th Armored Field Artillery Battalion since April.
Prior to his Kentucky assignment, Major Weiler had spent 15 months with the armed forces in Panama.
Lieut Harold J. Weiler of the U.S.N. Air Service, and until recently a fighter pilot on an aircraft carried in the African theater of war, is now on duty in Ordnance Procurement headquarters in Washington, D.C. Mrs. Weiler has joined her husband in the capital city.
Major John E. Weiler and Lieut. Harold J. Weiler, Jr. are native Corsicanans, and are both the sons of Col. and Mrs. Harold J. Weiler of Austin.
- The Weiler kids were photographed on the steps of their cabin on vacation in Green Pines Village.
- He was educated graduating 1960 the US Military Academy at West Point.
- The SSDI lists Midland, Midland County, Texas, as the last residence of record of John Eugene Weiler Jr.
- John Eugene Weiler Jr. died on 22 June 2008 at age 73.
- The following appeared on circa 23 June 2008 in the Midland Reporter-Telegram: John E. Weiler, Jr., of Midland, passed away Sunday, June 22, 2008.
John was born January 9, 1935 to John Eugene Weiler and Thelma Louise Bridges Weiler in Duncan, Oklahoma. He graduated from Austin High School in 1953. He studied engineering at Texas University for three years before accepting an appointment to the United States Military Academy. He graduated from West Point in 1960 and served in Germany and Korea until 1967 when he left the Army with the rank of captain.
He came to Midland in 1979 to work for French Tool as a design engineer, and later worked for Southwestern Bell and Claydesta Communications. He later became a realtor, working for Stephenson Real Estate for several years before becoming a broker and opening his own office, Weiler Associates. He retired in 1999 and resumed working on his major interest -- flying. He built and flew an experimental airplane and was a member of the Experimental Aircraft Association and Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.
He is survived by his wife, Shirley J.Weiler; daughter, Melissa Lea Hill of Sparks, NV; stepson, Paul Kammerdiener and his wife Patricia of Plainview, TX; stepdaughter, Wanda Morgan and her husband Douglas of Libertyville, IL. Also surviving are two brothers, Wade H.Weiler and his wife Bet of Garland, TX, James P. Weiler of Austin; and one sister, Louise Kiteley of Longmont, CO. He leaves six grandchildren, Bryce Dufford of Sparks, NV; Sherrie Wilson and her husband of Simpsonville, SC; Allison Hill and her husband Kevin of Madison, WI; Jason Morgan and his wife Melody of Kansas City, MO; Crystal Rushin and her husband Lyle of Plainview, TX and Amber Lambert and her husband Casey of Lockney, TX; six great grandchildren, Ryan and Jessica Wilson of Simpsonville, SC; Anne Marie, Christian, and Bryan Rushin of Plainview, TX; Jacob Morgan of Kansas City, MO; and four nieces and their families.
No services will be held at this time. Arrangements are under the direction of Ellis Funeral home.
- Last Edited: 5 Nov 2012