Florence Violet Hollenbeck
b. 2 June 1886, d. March 1985
- Father: James S. Hollenbeck b. May 1850, d. 7 December 1936
- Mother: Catharine Stahle b. 14 October 1856, d. 29 July 1930
- Florence Violet Hollenbeck was born on 2 June 1886 in Royalton, Niagara County, New York.
- She was baptized/christened on 12 September 1886 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, sponsored by Conrad Stahle and Catherine Zeifang.
- James S. Hollenbeck and Catharine Stahle appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Royalton, New York. Other members of the household included Florence Violet Hollenbeck, Frederick James Hollenbeck, Hazel C. Hollenbeck and Simon Andreas Stahle.
- She married Daniel Gordon Behe, son of Andrew J. Behe and Clara A. (?), circa 1905.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1908 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: A very pleasant gathering was that at the home of Mrs. Margaret Weber of Willow avenue, on Wednesday, when occurred the reunion of the family of Mrs. Ursula Stahle. The only drawback of the full enjoyment of the occasion was the absence of two of Mrs. Stahle's sons, the eldest, Mr. Conrad Stahle of Cleveland avenue, being seriously ill. The house was beautifully decorated with ferns and flowers, the color scheme throughout the entire house being red and green. The time passed most pleasantly in meeting and greeting relatives and friends, old and new, many of whom met for the first time. A most bountiful dinner was served, after which Mrs. Daniel Behe sang several beautiful solos, and Miss Ursula Stahle rendered some instrumental music. Among the out-of-town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. James Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, of Lockport; Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Behe, of Gasport; Mrs. Herman Gaertner and Miss Edna Williams, of Petersburg, Mich; Mrs. John Cleghorn and son Robert, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Fitzgerald and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weber and daughter, of Buffalo.
Many of those attending the reunion appear in the accompanying photograph.
- Daniel Gordon Behe and Florence Violet Hollenbeck appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Royalton, Niagara County, New York, at Griswold Street and one young male servant, Glenn Droman, who likely was the son of Florence's brother's wife's sister.
- Daniel Gordon Behe and Florence Violet Hollenbeck appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Royalton, New York. Other members of the household included Andrew J. Behe.
- Daniel Gordon Behe and Florence Violet Hollenbeck appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Royalton, New York.
- The following appeared on 7 December 1936 in the Lockport Union-Sun & Journal: James S. Hollenbeck, aged 86 years, a lifelong resident of the town of Royalton, passed away Monday, Dec. 7, at the home of his son, Frederick J. Hollenbeck. Besides his son he is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Daniel Behe of Royalton, and Mrs. Alvin Sand, the town of Lockport, also three grandchidren and six great-grandchildren. The funeral will be held Wednesday, Dec. 9, at 2 o'clock at the home of his son. Burial at Chestnut Ridge cemetery.
- Florence Violet Hollenbeck became a widow at the May 1972 death of her husband Daniel Gordon Behe.
- The SSDI lists Gasport, Niagara County, New York, as the last residence of record of Florence Violet Hollenbeck.
- Florence Violet Hollenbeck died in March 1985 at age 98.
- Last Edited: 16 Oct 2013