b. 23 July 1873, d. 21 April 1938
- Father: Konrad Stähle b. 5 January 1830, d. 21 February 1885
- Mother: Ursula Walter b. 13 November 1830, d. 9 April 1913
- Anna Stahle was born on 23 July 1873 in New York.
- She was baptized/christened on 28 September 1873 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, sponsored by Ursula Zeifang. Other sponsor was Balthasar Weiler.
- Konrad Stähle and Ursula Walter appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Niagara, Niagara Falls, New York. Other members of the household included Anna Stahle, Conrad Stahle, Barbara Stahle, Simon Andreas Stahle and Karl William Balthasar Stahle.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1908 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: A very pleasant gathering was that at the home of Mrs. Margaret Weber of Willow avenue, on Wednesday, when occurred the reunion of the family of Mrs. Ursula Stahle. The only drawback of the full enjoyment of the occasion was the absence of two of Mrs. Stahle's sons, the eldest, Mr. Conrad Stahle of Cleveland avenue, being seriously ill. The house was beautifully decorated with ferns and flowers, the color scheme throughout the entire house being red and green. The time passed most pleasantly in meeting and greeting relatives and friends, old and new, many of whom met for the first time. A most bountiful dinner was served, after which Mrs. Daniel Behe sang several beautiful solos, and Miss Ursula Stahle rendered some instrumental music. Among the out-of-town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. James Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, of Lockport; Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Behe, of Gasport; Mrs. Herman Gaertner and Miss Edna Williams, of Petersburg, Mich; Mrs. John Cleghorn and son Robert, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Fitzgerald and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weber and daughter, of Buffalo.
Many of those attending the reunion appear in the accompanying photograph.
- She married Joseph Henry Hunt, son of Joseph Hunt and Fanny Jane Lyons, in 1920.
- The following appeared on 27 October 1920 in the Lockport Union-Sun & Journal: The home of Mr. and Mrs. James S. Hollenbeck of Strawberry Avenue was the scene of a pleasant gathering on Saturday evening, October 23, when a number of friends helped them to celebrate the forty-second anniversary of their marriage. A bountiful supper was served n the dining room, which was elaborately trimmed with decoratins in keeping with Hallowe'en. Three of the original wedding guests were present, Mrs. J. Gaertner and Mrs. H. Hunt, sisters of the bride, and William Romig, who acted as best man. The other guests were Mr. and Mrs. E. J. Behe, Mr. and Mrs. Christ Ramming, H. J. Hunt, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Hollenbeck and family and Mr. and Mrs. Daniel G. Behe and daughter Evelyn. Mrs. Fred Hollenbeck wrote a very appropriate poem for the occasiion. . . .
Mrs. J. S. Hollenbeck, Mrs. J. Gaertner and Mrs. H. J. Hunt left Tuesday morning for Cuba, N. Y., where they will visit their sister, Mrs. John Cleghorn, for a few days. . . .
Mrs. C. Stahle, William and Uras Stahle, of Niagara Falls, spent Sunday with Mr. and Mrs. James S. Hollenbeck. . . .
Mr. and Mrs. J. S. Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, Mr. and Mrs. H. J. Hunt, and Mrs. J. Gaertner spent Sunday evening with Mr. and Mrs. Fred Hollenbeck.
- Anna Stahle and Joseph Henry Hunt appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Washington, District of Columbia, at 636 East Capitol Street NE. Also in the household were two lodgers.
- The following appeared on 18 August 1934 in the Lockport Union-Sun & Journal: Mrs. Fred Hollenbeck and daughter, Marjorie, entertained Wednesday afternoon at their home with a variet shower in honor of Miss Lorraine Sand, a bride-elect of this month.
The home was prettily decorated with gift bouquets of garden flowers and the afternoon was spent playing games. A supper was served with covers laid for ten. The guest of honor was showered with many thoughtful gifts.
Guests from out of town were Mr. and . Mrs. Harry J. Hunt of Buffalo; Mrs. Margaret Stahle and Ursula Stahle, of Niagara Falls.
- Anna Stahle died on 21 April 1938 at age 64 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- Joseph Henry Hunt became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 24 April 1938 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] In this city, April 21, 1938, Anna S. Hunt, wife of Harry J. Hunt; sister of Mrs. John Cleghorn of Cuba, N. Y. Funeral from the family residence, 103 Purdy Street, Sunday afternoon at 2 o'clock. Friends invited. Deceased was a member of Tyrian Chapter No. 610 O. E. S. Interment in Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, N. Y.
- The following appeared on 14 January 1954 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: Funeral services for Harry J. Hunt, 93, of 378 Warren Ave., Kenmore, who served as chief bill clerk in the House of Representatives in the Coolidge and Hoover administrations, will be held at 2 p.m. tomorrow at the McGinnis-Sauerwein Funeral Home, 2268 Main St.
Mr. Hunt was born in Guelph, Ont., April 5, 1860, and came to Buffalo as a youth. He operated the old Carriage Blacksmith Co., later became the owner and operator of Hunt's Hotel and Restaurant, which was located at the site of the Lafayette Hotel.
After the building was razed in 1910, Mr. Hunt became the proprietor of the LaTouraine Hotel which was located at 264 East Utica, now known as Crescent Hall.
He was elected to the Board of Supervisors in 1902 from the old Sixth Ward. For 40 years he served as a Republican committeeman from the old 12th Ward. He left the hotel business in 1923 and served as chief bill clerk of the House of Representatives for 10 years. He retired in 1933.
He was married to the former Alice S. Barnes Aug. 29, 1886. There were four children, Margaret E., Albert H., assistant purchasing agent of Erie County; Mrs. Alice L. Scruton, Oakville, Ont., and William P., New York City.
Mr. Hunt married Anna Stahle in 1920, after the death of his first wife. His second wife died in 1938.
Also surviving are a sister, Mrs. Jean Gilchriese, Miami, Fla., and two brothers, Walter and Robert E. Hunt.
- Last Edited: 14 Mar 2014