b. circa 1849, d. 11 July 1891
- Amelia Hyer was born circa 1849 in Germany.
- Research Note: Possibly a sister of Amelia is Margaret Hyer, age 27 or 29, found in the 1870 census in Lockport as a domestic servant in the household of lumber dealer Daniel Van Valkenberg. Neither Amelia nor her family has yet been found in the 1870 census.
- She married Gottlieb Weiler, son of Balthasar Weiler and Anna Walter, on 18 April 1870 in Lockport, Niagara County, New York, according to Charles' military pension file.
- Gottlieb Weiler and Amelia Hyer appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1875 in Lockport, New York. Other members of the household included Wilhelmina Louisa Weiler and Charles Henry Weiler.
- Gottlieb Weiler and Amelia Hyer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Lockport, Niagara, New York, at Union. Other members of the household included Wilhelmina Louisa Weiler, Charles Henry Weiler and Anna Weiler.
- Amelia Hyer died on 11 July 1891 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- Gottlieb Weiler became a widower at her death.
- Last Edited: 19 Aug 2015
- Charts: Descendants of WALTER Gottlieb & Caecilia Kölle, Descendants of WEILER Balthasar & Anna Walter
Family: Gottlieb Weiler b. 6 March 1846, d. 14 June 1919
- Wilhelmina Louisa Weiler+ b. 26 January 1871, d. 26 July 1951
- Charles Henry Weiler+ b. 19 February 1874, d. 8 March 1939
- Anna Weiler b. 11 April 1878, d. 2 May 1957
- Clara E. Weiler+ b. 31 May 1880, d. 20 October 1942
- Frederick Weiler b. 24 March 1882
- Amelia Weiler b. 24 March 1885, d. 4 January 1953