b. 30 May 1893, d. 5 March 1988
- Mildred Storie was born on 30 May 1893 in New York.
- Margaret Babcock and James W. Storie appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Walton, Delaware County, New York, at 62 Liberty. Other members of the household included Mildred Storie, Selena Storie, Hazel Storie, Lynn James Storie, Mae Louise Storie and Samuel S. Babcock.
- She married Joseph Jaromir Kuchar, son of Josef Kuchar and Anna Hoffman, circa 1920.
- Joseph Jaromir Kuchar and Mildred Storie appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Montvale, Bergen County, New Jersey, at Franklin Avenue Also living inthe household was servant Clara E Kadig, age 21.. Other members of the household included Keith Kuchar, Robert Kuchar and Margaret Babcock.
- A photographic portrait was made of Joseph and Mildred Storie Kuchar.
- The following appeared on 4 May 1959 in the Binghamton Press: (Sidney) Rae B. Storie, 57, of Sidney, died suddenly yesterday afternoon at his home in the Sidney-Bainbridge Road.
He was manager of the New York State Electric & Gas Corp. in Sidney, having served more than 35 years with the utility.
Mr. Storie just recently had been named chairman of Sidney Chapter, American Red Cross.
He also had served as president of Sidney Chamber of Commerce and Sidney Rotary Club.
He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Mabel P. Storie of Sidney; a son, R. Douglas, of New York City; three sisters, Mrs. Selena Babcock of Binghamton, Mrs. Mildred Kuchar of Montvale, N. J., and Mrs. Wasson Steen of Clermont, Fla; a brother, Lynn Storie of Park Ridge, N. J.
The body was taken to C. H. Landers Chapel in Sidney where a Masonic service will be conducted at 9 p. m. tomorrow.
The funeral will be at 2 p. m. Wednesday in St. Paul's Episcopal Church, here. The Rev. Rollin D. Mulany, rector, will officiate. Burial will be in Walton Cemetery, Walton.
- Mildred Storie became a widow at the July 1971 death of her husband.
- At the time of her death Mildred Storie was living in Montvale, Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Mildred Storie died on 5 March 1988 at age 94.
- The following appeared on 6 March 1988 in The Record: Mildred Storie Kuchar, 94, of Montvale died Saturday. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Park Ridge and the Ladies Auxiliary of the Pascack Valley Hospital in Westwood. Surviviving are two sons, Keith of Montvale and Robert of Mahwah; a daughter, Margaret Laurier of Walton, N.Y; a sister, Mae Millikin of Clermont, Fla; eight grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren. Her husband, Joseph, died in 1971. A memorial service is scheduled Wednesday night at 8 at the United Methodist Church. Arrangements are by the Robert Spearing Funeral Home in Park Ridge. Donations to the Tri-Boro Ambulance Corps or the United Methodist Church would be appreciated.
- Last Edited: 4 Nov 2014