b. circa 14 January 1888, d. 12 December 1960
- Father: William Davis b. circa 1862, d. between 1893 and 1900
- Mother: Serilla Blackwell b. circa 1859, d. circa 1918
- Amos Davis was born circa 14 January 1888 in Texas. [see research note at bottom of page]
- Serilla Blackwell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Gonzales County, Texas. Other members of the household included Amos Davis, Dock Davis, Alex Davis, Nancy Davis, Willie Davis, Newton Davis and Estella Davis. Serilla is identified as widow Sarilla Washington.
- He was working on the farm, according to the 1900 census.
- He married Lue Ella Williams, daughter of George Williams and Maggie Holland, on 17 October 1909 in DeWitt County, Texas.
- Amos Davis and Lue Ella Williams appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Texas. Other members of the household included Alex Davis and Newton Davis. Also in the household was one unmarried male boarder, John Washington (30).
- He was a farmer, according to the 1910 census.
- Amos Davis registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Texas while living with his wife and four children in rural Cuero, and employed near Cuero at farm work by Anderson Nobles.
- Amos Davis and Lue Ella Williams appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in DeWitt County, Texas, at Upper Clinton Road enumerated near the household of Lue Ella's mother Maggie King. Other members of the household included William Davis, Clarence Davis, Ray Albert Davis, Augusta Mae Davis and Cornell Davis.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1920 census.
- Amos Davis and Lue Ella Williams appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Texas enumerated a few households from Lue Ella's mother Maggie King.. Other members of the household included William Davis, Clarence Davis, Ray Albert Davis, Augusta Mae Davis, Cornell Davis, Mildred Bertha Davis and Estella Louise Davis.
- He was operating his own a farm, according to the 1930 census.
- Amos Davis and Lue Ella Williams appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Cuero, DeWitt County, Texas, at Highway 27 enumerated next to the household of Lue Ella's mother Maggie King.. Other members of the household included Augusta Mae Davis, Cornell Davis, Mildred Bertha Davis and Estella Louise Davis.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1940 census.
- Amos Davis registered for the draft on 28 April 1942 in Texas while living with his wife Luella in rural Cuero, and self-employed there as a farmer.
- Amos Davis died on 12 December 1960 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, at 527 Como Street at his residence. . His death was officially witnessed by William Davis.
- Lue Ella Williams became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at DeWitt County Cemetery, Cuero, DeWitt County, Texas.
- Mr. R. A. Davis was born to the union of Mr. and Mrs. Amos Davis in Cuero, Texas. He was converted at an early age and joined Mt. Bethel Baptist Church, Cuero, Texas.
Mr. Davis met and married Miss Forest Parks in 1936 and to this union three children were born, his son preceded him in death.
Bro. Davis served as a Deacon for 31 years. Upon moving to Corpus Christi he united with the Mt. Zion Baptist Church, St. Metthew Church and Calvary First Baptist Church where he served 21 years until his health failed him.
Survivors are: his wife; his mother, Mrs. Louella Davis of Austin, Texas; two daughters, Mrs. Joyce Mosley of Kingsville, Texas, and Mrs. Alice Sanders of Wichita, Kansas; four sisters, Mrs. Mattie Steens of Austin, Texas, Mrs. Emma Hill of Ft. Worth, Mrs. Estella White, Mrs. Mildred Cox; three brothers, William, Clarence and Cornell Davis all of San Antonio; four grandsons and a host of relatives and friends.
- Research Note: Documentation for uncertain date and place of birth:
1900 census Apr 1888
1910 census age 23
WWI draft card 14 Jan 1887 Cuero
[:TAB: 1920 census age 33
1930 census age 40
[:TAB: 1940 census age 49
[:TAB: WWII draft card 14 Jan 1890 Gonzales
Texas death certificate 14 Jan 1892.
- Last Edited: 20 Apr 2017
Family: Lue Ella Williams b. 15 May 1891, d. 2 May 1980
- William Davis+ b. 18 May 1910, d. 8 April 1990
- Clarence Davis+ b. 28 October 1912, d. 5 March 1990
- Ray Albert Davis+ b. 18 July 1915, d. 19 April 1979
- Augusta Mae Davis b. circa 1918, d. 20 August 1963
- Cornell Davis b. 19 April 1919, d. 15 August 2004
- Mildred Bertha Davis+ b. 9 May 1920, d. 3 May 2003
- Estella Louise Davis b. 1 June 1924, d. 14 February 2004