Florence Mae Plugh
b. 8 May 1904, d. 12 August 1993
- Father: Robert James Plugh b. 1873, d. 24 August 1923
- Mother: Mae Aldine Hale b. 3 May 1882, d. June 1966
- Florence Mae Plugh was born on 8 May 1904 in Wethersfield, Cattaraugus County, New York.
- She married Wesley Floyd Bigelow, son of William H. Bigelow and Anna C. (?), circa 1926.
- A photographic portrait was made of Florence Mae Plugh and Wesley floyd Bigelow about the time of their marriage.
- William H. Bigelow and Anna C. (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Yorkshire, Cattaraugus County, New York, at Olean Street. Other members of the household included Florence Mae Plugh, Wesley Floyd Bigelow, James Duane Bigelow and Joyce Ann Bigelow. Also, lodging in the household and working on the farm was Florence's brother Robert F. P[l]ugh (age 16).
- The following appeared on 16 July 1931 in The Wyoming County Times: (Wethersfield) Mrs. Mae Plugh and granddaughter visited at Wilis Morgan's Sunday . . . Mrs. Wesley Bigelow of Arcade formerly Florence Plugh is in the Warsaw hospital recovering from an appendicitis operation.
- Wesley Floyd Bigelow and Florence Mae Plugh appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Yorkshire, Cattaraugus County, New York. Other members of the household included James Duane Bigelow, Joyce Ann Bigelow, Wesley Floyd Bigelow Jr., William H. Bigelow and Anna C. (?)
- She was employed by the telephone company, according to the 1940 census.
- Florence Mae Plugh became a widow at the 31 October 1960 death of her husband Wesley Floyd Bigelow.
- She married George A. Wells.
- George A. Wells became a widower at her death.
- Florence Mae Plugh died on 12 August 1993 at age 89 in Collier County, Florida.
- She was interred at Naples Memorial Gardens Cemetery, North Naples, Collier County, Florida.
- Last Edited: 2 Apr 2016