Ivan Odell Hill
b. 7 March 1912, d. 3 January 1994
- Father: Leslie Andrew Hill b. 12 April 1886, d. 6 April 1962
- Mother: Minnie Ola Howe b. 21 October 1885, d. 1 July 1958
- Ivan Odell Hill was born on 7 March 1912 in Coleman County, Texas.
- A four-generation photographic portrait was made of David Jamees Hill, Jr., his son William Francis Hill, his son Leslie Andrew Hill, and his son Ivan Odell Hill, about 1914. [from the collection of Karen G. Hill]
- Leslie Andrew Hill and Minnie Ola Howe appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Texas near the household of Minnie Ola's mother and brother Oscar. Other members of the household included Ivan Odell Hill. Also in the household was daughter Allie Pearl (age 9.)
- He married Doris Marie Placke, daughter of Louis William Placke and Ellen Marie Elliott.
- Leslie Andrew Hill and Minnie Ola Howe appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Coleman County, Texas, at Grosevenor Road. Other members of the household included Ivan Odell Hill. Also in the household were daughters A. Pearl (age 10) and Bernice E. (9).
- Ivan Odell Hill and Doris Marie Placke appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Coleman County, Texas, at Rural Crasey Road enumerated next to the household of Ivan's parents. Also in the household was daughter Nelda L. (age 2).
- He was farming, according to the 1940 census.
- The following appeared on 7 April 1961 in The Abilene Reporter-News: Coleman (RNS) -- Leslie A. Hill, 74, Coleman County resident for more than 50 years, died Friday at the Overall Memorial Hospital.
Born on April 12, 1887, in Burnet County, he was a retired farmer and a member of the Church of Christ.
Funeral will be held Sunday at 2:30 p.m. in the Church of Christ here with Douglas Robinson, minister, officiating. Burial in the Burkett Cemetery will be directed by Stevens Funeral Home.
Mr. Hill is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Nolan Burkett of Grosvenor and Mrs. Willard Holman of Coleman; one son Ivan of Coleman; two brothers, Frank of Lubbock and Milburn of Houston; three sisters, Mrs. Mary Holt of Brownwood, Mrs. R. H. Stansel of Alvin, and Mrs. Eric Geesling of Livingston; six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
- Ivan Odell Hill died on 3 January 1994 at age 81 in Texas.
- Doris Marie Placke became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Coleman City Cemetery, Coleman, Coleman County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 22 Mar 2016