b. 30 March 1863, d. 15 October 1921
- Carl Kothe was born on 30 March 1863 in Germany.
- Carl Kothe arrived in the USA circa 1893.
- He married Louisa Maier, daughter of John G. Maier and Anna M. Maier, on 27 May 1897 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at 913 North Eighth Street, at the bride's residence.
- The following appeared on 10 June 1897 in The Philadelphia Inquirer: [Married] Louisa Maier, of 913 North Eighth street, Philadelphia, to Carl Kothe, of Sachsen, Germany, on May 27, 1897, at the bride's residence.
- Carl Kothe and Louisa Maier appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at 1903 Hunting Park Avenue. Other members of the household included Marie Werner. Also in the householdwere two male boarders.
- He was a bookkeeper, according to the 1900 census.
- The following appeared on 10 October 1909 in The Philadelphia Inquirer: [Died] On Oct. 7, 1909, John G. Maier, in his 77th year. Relatives and friends are invited to attend funeral, on Monday at 7:30 A. M. from residence of his son-in-law, Mr. Carl Kother, 2316 W. Vanango st. Mass at St. Columba's Church at 9 A. M. Interment strictly private.
- Carl Kothe and Louisa Maier appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at 2316 Vanango Street.
- He was employed as a bookkeeper at a button factory, according to the 1910 census.
- Carl Kothe and Louisa Maier appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at 4800 Camac Street.
- He was employed as general manager of a bone button company, according to the 1920 census.
- He officially witnessed the death of Marie Werner on 30 April 1920 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Carl Kothe died on 15 October 1921 at age 58 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, . At the time of his death, he was employed as a manager by Emil Wahl Fance Bone Manufacturing Company.
- Louisa Maier became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Mount Peace Cemetery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The following appeared on 17 October 1921 in The Philadelphia Inquirer: [Died] Oct. 15, Carl Kothe, aged 58. Relatives and friends, also Williiam L. Ellkins Lodge, No. 646, F. and A. M., and all other organziations of which the deceased was a member, invited to funeral services, Tues., 2 P. M., at his residence, 4800 N. Camac st., Logan. Int. private.
- Last Edited: 24 Mar 2015