Estella Elizabeth Young
b. 11 September 1884, d. 16 April 1946
- Father: Oliver Mark Young b. 2 January 1859, d. 1 February 1933
- Mother: Susanna Kammerer b. 30 November 1855, d. 15 July 1911
- Estella Elizabeth Young was born on 11 September 1884 in Suspension Bridge, Niagara County, New York.
- She was baptized/christened on 20 December 1885 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara County, New York, in Suspension Bridge. sponsored by Helen Kammerer.
- Oliver Mark Young and Susanna Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1339 Willow Avenue. Other members of the household included Estella Elizabeth Young, James Kammerer Young, John Oliver Young, William Mark Young and Alice Marie Young.
- She was a paper box maker, according to the 1900 census.
- She married George Benjamin Benning, son of Oliver Benning and Mary Herbst, circa 1905.
- She was a sponsor at the baptism/christening of Charles Adam Benjamin Ford on 27 September 1908 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- George Benjamin Benning and Estella Elizabeth Young appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1321 Linwood Avenue.
- The following appeared on 17 July 1911 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] Susan Young, nee Kammerer, wife of Oliver Young of this city. She leaves husband, mother, father, two daughters, Mrs. George Benning and Miss Alice, two sons, William of this city, John of Kansas City, Mo., also six sisters, Mrs. Louis Eimer, Mrs. Chas. Ford, Mrs. Albert Hoffman, Mrs. Fred Borth and Mrs. George Barnett, both of Buffalo, and Mrs. C. Frank of Devil's Lake, Dakota, one brother, Jacob Kammerer of Toronto. Funeral from family residence, 1347 Whitney avenue, Tuesday, July 18th, at 2 p. m., and from the Zion Lutheran Church at 2:30.
- The following appeared on 30 June 1916 in The Buffalo Morning Express: The marriage of Miss Gertrude Barnett, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George W. Barnett, and Joseph F. Lepine was solemnized at 7 o'clock last evening in the Presbyterian church of the Covenant, the Rev. John D. Campbell officiating. The church was decorated with palms, evergreens, pink peonies and marguerites. Ropes of Smilax were caught from the chandeliers. The pews for the house guests were marked with pink peonies and marguerites. Carl Kammerer of Niagara Falls, cousin of the bride, played a programme of organ music as the guests were assembling, ending in the Lohengrin bridal chorus as the bridal party entered, led by the ushers, Myron B. Bloy of Detroit, Mich., and William Lewis. The ushers were followed by the maid of honor, Miss Myrtle Hutchinson, and the two bridesmaids, Miss Helen Kammerer of Niagara Falls and Miss Ruth Barnett, sister of the bride. The bride entered with her father and was met at the altar by the bridegroom and his best man, George J. Barnett. She wore a gown of pussywillow taffeta with lace and pearl trimmings. Her veil was fastened with orange blossoms and she carried a shower bouquet of bride roses and lilies of the valley. The maid of honor, wore green-flowered voile trimmed with green satin bands and carried an arm bouquet of Ophelia roses. Miss Kammerer wore pink-flowered voile trimmed with pink satin bands and carried an arm bouquet of pink Killarney roses. A reception to 100 guests at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Barnett in Waverly street followed the ceremony. Palms, pink and white peonies and roses adorned the rooms. The bride's table was laid for fourteen and was centered with pink roses. The other guests were seated at small tables which were centered with pink candelabra. The guests included Mr. and Mrs. John Guenther of Welland, Ont., Mr. and Mrs. Frank L. Barnett, Miss Nettie Platt of Alden, J. A. Kammerer of Toronto, Ont., Mrs. and Mrs. M. H. Mayle, Miss Helen Mayle, Mr. and Mrs. Louis K. Eimer, Paul Eimer, Mr. and Mrs. Francis Ford, Mrs. Adam Kammerer, Miss Marie Kammerer, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Ford, Miss Louise Ford, Charles Ford, Jr., Miss Norma Hoffman, Miss Alice Young, Mr. and Mrs. George Benning, Miss Elsa Vorwerck of Niagara Falls, Mr. and Mrs. George F. Loehr of Lancaster, Miss Gladys Williams of Toronto., Ont., Mr. and Mrs. M. Bloy of Detroit, Mich., Miss Winifred Hewetson and Miss Vera Hewetson of Brampton, Ont., Miss Alma Hart of Scranton, Pa. Mr. and Mrs. Lepine will spend their honeymoon in the Catskill mountains and will be at home after August 1st in Buffalo.
- George Benjamin Benning and Estella Elizabeth Young appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1143 Willow and also boarders John and Blanche Osborn.
- A reunion of the Kammerer family was held in 1923 Kammerer family at the home of Helen Kammerer Hoffman, on the occasion of sister Phoebe Kammerer's Frank's visit from her home in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.
- George Benjamin Benning and Estella Elizabeth Young appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Wheatfield, Erie County, New York, at River Road.
- She was working for Kellogg Company, according to the 1930 census.
- Estella Elizabeth Young died on 16 April 1946 at age 61 in Lewiston, Niagara County, New York, at Mount St. Mary's Hospital.
- George Benjamin Benning became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 17 April 1946 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Estella Benning, of the River road, town of Wheatfield, died yesterday in Mount St. Mary's hospital after a short illness. A native of this city she had resided in this section all her life. She was a member of the Ladies Aid society of the Zion Evangelical Lutheran church, and of the Riverdale Rebekah Lodge No. 195.
Surviving Mrs. Benning are her husband, George B. Benning, and two brothers, John Young, of Chicago, and William M. Young, of Santa Monica, Calif.
Funeral services will be held Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock with the Rev. Arthur H. Schmoyer officiating. Interment will be in Oakwood cemetery.
- Last Edited: 30 Nov 2014
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs