Colin Lanfear Browne
b. 11 April 1928, d. 25 July 2009
- Father: Lanfear Morell Milne Browne b. 20 August 1893
- Mother: Sybil Moline Fredericka Kammerer b. 19 July 1893
- Colin Lanfear Browne was born on 11 April 1928 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- Lanfear Morell Milne Browne and Sybil Moline Fredericka Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Ft. Thomas, Campbell County, Kentucky, at 1111 South Alexandria Pike. Other members of the household included Colin Lanfear Browne, Peter Sanfield Browne.
- Lanfear Morell Milne Browne and Sybil Moline Fredericka Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in West Manayunk, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, at 145 Dartmouth Road. Other members of the household included Colin Lanfear Browne, Peter Sanfield Browne and Christina Sophia Schmal. The family was living in the same place in 1935.
- He married Sally DeWitt Cook say 1949.
- The following appeared on 22 August 1952 in the Richmond Times Dispatch: (Charlottesville, Aug. 21) Four students have been named as National Science Foundation Fellows at the University of Virginia for the coming year by the National Science Foundation, of Washington, C. C., in announcing its first group of fellows since authorization of the program by Congress.
Colin L. Browne, of Drexel Hill, Pa; Willard F. Day, Jr., of North, Va., and Harold S. Morton, Jr., of Takoma Park, Md., will continue their graduate work at the University as National Science Foundation Fellows on the advanced predoctoral level. They are majoring in chemistry, psychology and physics, respectively.
- Colin Lanfear Browne became a widower at the 14 January 1998 death of his wife Sally DeWitt Cook.
- Colin Lanfear Browne died on 25 July 2009 at age 81.
- He was interred at Saint John's Episcopal Church Columbarium, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
- The following appeared on 30 July 2009 in The Charlotte Observer: Dr. Colin L. Browne, 81, of Charlotte, died July 25, 2009. He was born in Buffalo, NY on April 11, 1928, son of the late Lanfear and Sybil K. Browne. He retired from Celanese Corporation after 35 years of service as Manager of the Research and Development Lab.
In addition to his parents, Dr. Browne was preceded in death by his wife, Sally Cook Browne. He is survived by his long time companion, Mary Catherine Shank; sons, Gordon and Geoff and wife, Cecilia; granddaughters, Inga, Eliza, and Emma; and great-grandson, Eli.
A memorial service will be held at 3:00 p.m., Saturday, August 1, 2009 at Plantation Estates, 733 Plantation Estates Drive, Matthews, NC 28105, with Chaplain Larry Watts, officiating. Inurnment will be private.
Arrangements are in the care of Hankins & Whittington Funeral Service.
- Last Edited: 20 Jul 2013
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs