Lillian F. Sierk
b. 1 October 1896, d. 10 November 1988
- Father: Henry Sierk Jr. b. 27 September 1860, d. 19 May 1939
- Mother: Cora Almeda Lindsey b. 9 July 1864, d. 24 May 1916
- Lillian F. Sierk was born on 1 October 1896 in New York.
- Henry Sierk Jr. and Cora Almeda Lindsey appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Attica, Wyoming County, New York. Other members of the household included Lillian F. Sierk, Ray Grant Sierk, Glen Henry Sierk, Mary Ethel Sierk and Leo Carmi Sierk. Also in the household was nephew Leon Vanvalkenburg, age 16, working on the farm.
- A photographic portrait was made of Henry and Cora Sierk and their children, about 1905.
- Henry Sierk Jr. and Cora Almeda Lindsey appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Attica, New York. Other members of the household included Lillian F. Sierk, Ray Grant Sierk, Glen Henry Sierk, Mary Ethel Sierk, Leo Carmi Sierk and Carmi Van Rensselaer Lindsey.
- She witnessed the marriage of Mary Ethel Sierk and Gaylord Stephen Guenther on 19 October 1916 in Attica, New York; with Emmett M. Kelly officiating.
- Henry Sierk Jr. appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Attica Township, Wyoming County, New York. Other members of the household included Lillian F. Sierk, Glen Henry Sierk, Thelma M. Seligman and Claus Sierk.
- She married Harold F. Ames, son of Ebenezer Ames and Emma A. (?), circa 1924.
- Gaylord Stephen Guenther and Mary Ethel Sierk appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1925 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1887 Cleveland Avenue. Other members of the household included Lillian F. Sierk, Marilyn Ethel Guenther.
- She was employed as a store clerk, according to the 1925 census.
- Harold F. Ames and Lillian F. Sierk appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Attica, Wyoming County, New York, at Creek Road. Other members of the household included Beverly J. Ames and Henry Sierk Jr.
- The following appeared on 20 July 1939 in the Wyoming County Times: Ray Sierk of Darien and Glenn H. Sierk of Attica have been granted letters testamentary on the estate of their father, Henry Sierk of Attica who died May 19, 1939 and left real estate valued at $3,000 and personal property valued at $800. The heirs are the five children, Glenn of Attica, Ray of Darien, Leo Sierk, Lillian F. Ames of Attica and Mary E. Guenther of Niagara Falls. By the terms of the will the piano is left to the daughter, Lillian Ames and the rest of the property is to be divided equally between the five children.
- The following appeared on 29 February 1940 in the Wyoming County Times: Notice of Farm Sale. We, the undersigned, executors of the Last Will and Testament of Henry Sierk, late of Attica, N. Y., deceased, offer for sale at public auction to the highest bidder, the farm owned by decedent in his lifetime, and formerly owned by Carmi V. Lindsey, containing 207 acres of land, situated about three miles southerly of the Village of Attica upon the Creek road, at the office of W. E. Hopkins, Attica, N. Y., on the 9th day of March, 1940, at eleven o'clock in the forenoon. this farm is desirably located and is an especially good dairy, grain and bean farm, and has a good supply of running water.
The right is reserved to reject any and all bids.
Dated, February 21, 1940.
Ray G. Sierk, Glen H Sierk, Executors.
- The following appeared on 20 October 1950 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Out-of-town guests attending the Wilson-Guenther wedding tomorrow will be: Mr. and Mrs. Frederick A. Vorwerk, Lauerlton, N.J; Mr. and Mrs. Carroll W. Corliss, Batavia; Dr. and Mrs. Leo C. Sierk, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Ames, Miss Beverly Ames, Mr. and Mrs. Glen Sierk, all of Attica; Mr. and Mrs. Ray Sierk, Mr. Paul Sierk, Mr. and Mrs. Percy Cady, Mr. and Mrs. Norman Sierk, Darien; Miss Edna Dusinberre, Mrs. Sarah Lindsay, Geneva; Mr. and Mrs. Roy Hunn, Pavilion; Mr. Paul A. Mitchell, Forest Hills, L.I; Mr. and Mrs. Russell Hayworth and family, Mimico, Ont., and Miss Gertrude Everett, Toronto, Ont.
- The following appeared on 16 June 1962 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Mary E. Guenther, of 1887 Cleveland Ave., a resident for the last 46 years, died unexpectedly in her home Friday (June 15, 1962). She was 72.
Mrs. Guenther was a native of Attica. She was an active member of the First Presbyterian Church and belonged to the Women's Association at the church. She was also a member of the Mother's Corner Club.
Mrs. Guenther was the widow of Gaylor S. Guenther, a local contractor, who died in 1952.
Surviving are a son, Jack G. Guenther, this city; two daughters, Mrs. Robert (Marilyn) Wilson, of Fairport, and Mrs. Donald J. (Jean) Stone, of North Tonawanda; a sister, Mrs. Harold F. Ames, and two brothers, Glen and Ray Sierk, all of Attica, and another brother, Dr. Leo Sierk, of St. Petersburg, Fla; and seven grandchildren. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Gridley Funeral Home. Burial will be in Forest Hills Cemetery, in Attica.
- The following appeared in the Wyoming County Times: (Attica) Glen H. Sierk, 80, an Attica native and lifetime resident died at 10:20 p.m. Saturday (July 19, 1969) in the Castile Nursing Home where he had been a patient for nine months.
Mr. Sierk, who operated a farm on the Creek Rd. for a number of years, was born April 6, 1889, a son of Cora and Lindsey Sierk [sic]. He was a member of Attica Lodge 462, F & AM.
Mr. Sierk's wife was the late Thelma Seligman Sierk. Surviving are a brother, Dr. Leo C. Sierk of St. Petersburg, Fla; a sister, Mrs. Lillian Ames of Attica; nieces and nephews. He was a brother of the late Ray Sierk and Mrs. Mary Guenther. The Rev. Donald Housser of Attica-Darien United Methodist Church officiated at services at 1:30 p.m. July 22 at the Marley Funeral Home. Burial was in Forest Hill Cemetery.
- The SSDI lists Hamburg, Erie County, New York, as the last residence of record of Lillian F. Sierk.
- Lillian F. Sierk died on 10 November 1988 at age 92.
- She was interred at Forest Hill Cemetery, Attica, Wyoming County, New York.
- Last Edited: 4 Aug 2016